Netware login on Windows XP Pro SP2

KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
edited January 2006 in Science & Tech
Hey guys. I know that Netware isn't exactly a hot topic around here, but I'm hoping somebody can help.

I need to figure out some way of changing my setup so that my Netware login/password can be one thing while my Windows Domain login/password is another.

Running XP Pro SP2, set-up to log in to the company domain.

Right now, I log in to Windows and it pops up saying I can't be authenticated on my Preferred Server (For Novell Netware) because the user doesn't exist. It says "Username: RGoerss" and will not let me change it.

I have the following crap installed and configured under Network Connection Properties:
Client Service for NetWare (No properties)
Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
NWLink NetBIOS (No properties)
NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol
- Internal Network Number: 000000 I haven't touched it since I have no trouble finding the servers, I just can't set my username and PW.
- Frame type, set to Auto Detect.
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Set to DHCP with no filters or anything.

I know there must be a login script or setting somewhere, but I am a Netware Noob(tm) and have no clue where to find it. Microsoft's (Lack of) Knowledge Base wasn't any help, either.

I can't change any of the Netware users, so creating an RGoerss NetWare login is not an option.

For those curious about why I am even trying to do this, I was handed a defunct division of the company (www.plastag.com, www.globeticket.com My division is Ultimate Ticket, which is under Globe Ticket) and told to get it working at the new plant. After it's working, I'm going to be redeveloping the systems so that there is more automation and so that they can run on a fully 32-bit platform with the latest technology.

Part of making it work is getting the old software which was last updated for Windows 98 (Originally written for Windows 3.1 back in the early 90's) to run on our new Dells, since this whole having an ancient 233Mhz Pentium II on my desk is getting kind of old, as is using "Netware Copy" to transfer files between our domain and the Netware servers that this **** resides on.

The whole problem is that my main systems can SEE the Netware servers, but since I am not autheticated with them, I can't access any of the files. =(

So... Someone PLEASE help! *grin*

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Il make a call to a buddy of mine as I know naff all about netware. Il be back :)
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited January 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Il make a call to a buddy of mine as I know naff all about netware. Il be back :)
    Thanks Dan! :D
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited January 2006
    I was able to obtain the Novell NetWare administration password and use that to create a login/pass that matched my Windows domain. Everything is kosher now. :D

If I could just find that pesky Visual FoxPro CD. >.<