Microsoft online crash analysis

edited February 2006 in Hardware
Having some problems here...computer is really slow and jumpy. Took about 15 minutes to reload my computer. I first posted in the virus forum and nothing is wrong there...here the link incase you needed that. http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41985
The page microsoft sent me to is also in the 1st post on that link. Can you guys help me at all? I appreciate anything.
PS...how do i copy my backup file to a cd or dvd...it said it was too large when I tried. Is archiving it enough or do I need to post it online somewhere?

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited February 2006
    Could please post your system specs like

CPU
    Motherboard,
    memory,
    Hard Drive
    OS
    etc. so we can get an idea of what we have to deal with.

Personally, it sounds hauntingly like a resource issue- but we need to know more.

It probably also wouldn't hurt to run Memtest86+

... just to make sure you haven't suffered damage to your memory. Basically make a boot disk with memtest on it, boot with it and run the test for a full pass or two, and if you find a problem, replace the memory. If you have a problem and have more than one memory card, be sure to retest each board one at a time until you nail the villain and replace it.

Thanks. Hope we can help. :thumbsup:
  • edited February 2006
    for sake of sounding stupid...what is system specs and where can I find them? also I didn't quite understand the thing abuot the boot disk.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    for sake of sounding stupid...what is system specs and where can I find them? also I didn't quite understand the thing abuot the boot disk.
    The (free) Belarc Advisor will help you with the system specs.

Memtest-86 will make the boot disk for you. Get either the floppy or cdrom version, run the program, then go from there. :)