SONY DAS and WINDAS question?

edited March 2010 in Hardware
I have download SONY DAS and WINDAS soft. But when I use DAS of version 5.11, I found have a message " DAS could not find your Security Key. Check that it is plugged into either the LPT1 or LPT2 connector. Press Yes to try again. Retry? ". I used RS232 to monitor control connector.
So I try to use WINDAS, but I found have a message "transdll.dll isn't find". who can help me? why? How to download transdll.dll file? thanks.

Comments

• SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited February 2006
    What are these programs and what are you trying to do?
  • edited February 2006
    DAS and WinDAS are used to edit the firmware to many Sony and Sony based monitors, often to correct color and brightness issues they can have over time. Since this software isn't publicly available, we can't tell you how to hack it here.
  • P991-DELL-SONYP991-DELL-SONY California
    edited March 2006
    jasonken wrote:
    I have download SONY DAS and WINDAS soft. But when I use DAS of version 5.11, I found have a message " DAS could not find your Security Key. Check that it is plugged into either the LPT1 or LPT2 connector. Press Yes to try again. Retry? ". I used RS232 to monitor control connector.
    So I try to use WINDAS, but I found have a message "transdll.dll isn't find". who can help me? why? How to download transdll.dll file? thanks.

You can check out this howto: http://www.geocities.com/gregua/windas/

It explains how to use/install that software, and where it has been made freely available. I think you are talking of the DOS DAS 5.11, Xweebie, on the 'Dell P1110 too bright ' thread, is the current expert on that program. As far as I know, he hasn't made the information publicly available, but, maybe he'd make another post about it? If not, you can still use WINDAS, it does the same things.

You are converting the TTL of the monitor to RS232 right? Not expecting the monitor to output RS232 with no conversion necessary? There are actually schematics that come with a DOS version of DAS, and I have written more about it on the HOWTO.

Good luck.
  • edited September 2007
    I'm all ready to use my patched version of WINDAS to reduce the G2 value for my dell p1110... the only problem is that when I connect the RS232 <> TTL converter cable to the ECS port on the back of my monitor, the monitor clicks over into standby mode (I think, at least the screen goes blank and the green light turns amber). Anyone know why this happens and how I might get around it?
  • edited October 2007
    Hello.
    I just registered here because I am seeking help in reviving my FW900 with WINDAS. My FW900 doesn't completely turn on. The initial wham sound when the picture comes on never happens, so I have no picture. However, I do hear relays in the power supply click, and the vacuum tube at the back of the picture tube will start to glow orange

I have used my RS232 <> TTL cable and WINDAS to successfully read the data on the Monitor's eprom. I'm not sure exactly what item i should be looking to edit in the DAT.

1.) I've tried raising the value for ABL_SHUTDW_MAX to 255, but to no avail, so I lowered it back to 205.

2.) SHUTDOWN_LOG_0 and SHUTDOWN_LOG_1 both read a value of 32. I changed this valued to 0, but the monitor changes it right back to 32.

3.) Checking the failures dialog box, I see an error listed for "NO PW SUPPLY". No suprise here. However, it does begin to make me wonder if the problem actually is a physical probelm, not firmware problem.

Anyone who can try and help, I would highly appreciate your input.

Thanks
  • edited March 2010
    I've been able to improve the picture on one of my FW900s using WinDAS, but as for reviving one that shuts down with the ABL, raising the threshold seems to do nothing. I've got 3 dead FW900s and with one of them, the error IS NOT ABL related, but the other two it is. I'm thinking of swapping the flyback from the non-ABL problem monitor to one of the ABL plagued monitors, but before I do, does anyone have explicit instructions for how to resolve the ABL issues?