DX9 install problem

LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
edited October 2003 in Gaming
Hey guys, i installed Windows XP... and installed all my drivers and all that. But every time i try to install DX9 it tells me that i have some windows logo problem and it hasnt passed the test. So i cant install DX9....

wtf? Are there any games that install DX9 for you? Im stuck because i need DX9 to play HL2 beta 2 :/

Comments

• SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited October 2003
    Try uninstalling your video drivers, installing DX9 and then installing the Catalyst 3.8's (or Omega 3.8's, whatever you usually use).

Games only update/install DirectX when they detect that the version you have installed on your system is lower than what's contained on the install CD.

To take full advantage of your Radeon 9800 Pro, you need DX9 installed before you install the video driver. I've never been able to install the Catalyst software driver suite BEFORE I install DX9, I get an error stating that DX9 needs to be installed before I can proceed with the install.
  • LIQuidLIQuid Raleigh, NC
    edited October 2003
    same thing no matter what....
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Try getting DX9 from MS downloads site.
    edited October 2003
    thats what that is... i tried DX9a and DX9b
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    Warez'ed copy of XP? Does the account you're installing under have admin rights? I've never gotten a "logo tested" error when I install software. It's normally a WHQL notice.
    edited October 2003
    nope its an MSDN universal Copy with Legit Activated Key... ;[!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Make sure your cryptographic and Windows Management Instrumentation services are enabled.
    edited October 2003
    OMFG YES THRAX I LOVE YOU!!! i forgot i turned off cryptographic!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    :)