Opteron 165 @ Newegg

edited October 2006 in Trading Post
Just saw that Opteron 165 price is 159 at Newegg, and it will be available on 10/16. I am thinking about buying it with an Asrock 939Dual-VSTA to upgrade my son's Athlon XP system. I know Core2 is the latest and hottest but this is for the ones who would like to upgrade their Socket 939 system. It is highly probable that you can OC it around 2.4-2.6 GHz, maybe even higher if you have a decent MB. I hope the price do not increase when it becomes in stock.

Here is the link

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Newegg usually keeps their pricing in line with tray prices, so judging by the latest unannounced price cut you should still be able to get that deal, assuming it gets back in stock soon.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    If you do get one please let us know the stepping and stock voltage oc. I'm tempted to replace this 170 but I need a good reason!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    There will be good deals on all the Opteron 1XX CPUs for a while to come. Although AMD does not have the serious glut of this series as compared to Intel's fire sales of the D8XX and D9XX series, AMD really wants to get rid of these chips. Apparently the big box makers aren't ordering them, preferring instead the AM2 technology.
  • edited October 2006
    I could not buy :( When I came back from work, it was again out of stock, this time without an availability date. I will check back. Could anybody buy it or saw that it was available?