OK which one do i download and how to set up?

ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Folding@Home
ok thats it some parts for my folding rig that just came in were wrong. i ordered a 500w psu and i got a 400w one. ugh the long and painful exchange continues. anyways i'm not wasting any folding time.

i'm going to get started right away in a test version before the real deal is set between my real folding rig to be built in the near future.

i go over to the stanford site to know which app to download.

my current config
athlon 2647ghz, 2gb ram, 1050gb hard drive abit nf7s 2.0 my only real machine atm.

which one do i download and how do i get it set up? on top of that whats the no nonsense version? i also wanna see the proteins i'm folding for amusement......

some advice would be helpful thanks.

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    This one should get you started.
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    i am so in. i've started!!!!!!!!!! w007!!!!!!
    edited November 2006
    a few things before i leave it alone.

according to my oc'd stable setup, athlon xp-m ~2647mhz, tell me honestly if it is considered a "lowly AMD machine"....your opinion is greatly appreciated.

its because i ran into this thread about "lowly amd machines" http://short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40208&highlight=slow+folding

...and was wondering if my rig is among it despite its OC. besides, say i enable deadlineness, theres this setting,

"get and return deadlineless work in batches" if my rig is found to be lowly should that be checked? i want max productivity out of this rig.....and am glad to be part of the team. thx.

-isi
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2006
    No My friend you do not want deadlineless WU's as they do not exist at the moment and have not for several month's now.
    edited November 2006
    SPIKE09 wrote:
    No My friend you do not want deadlineless WU's as they do not exist at the moment and have not for several month's now.

oh crap. i tried the setting out to see if there would be any visible changes....uh i forgot the settings they're supposed to be at.....

oh crap....does that mean my folds right now will be useless?

uh oh....

ignore deadlines locally checked or unchecked then?

and beneath it it says: if you prefer not to receive deadlines, you may indicate that here, it should say what? standard or no preference?

and the last checkbox, get deadlineless work in batches unchecked right?

o and btw, if i get the ati aiw x800xt gpu can i use that for folding too?
    edited November 2006
    so what are your 'deadline' settings?

is it no preference?
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2006
    Not using the GUI here, you want deadlines and that should remove the option for batch wu's. And ignore deadlines locally if your machine has problems with the system clock or has regular changes like DST etc. If you are working on a WU then I guess you must have it set correctly though, as I said before there are no deadlineless WU's AKA timeless Tinkers, as there are no projects that will benefit from them..