Just bought a new color laser !!!!

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited November 2006 in Hardware
Just a little info note.

I just bought this printer : http://www.samsung.com/Products/PrinterandMultifunction/ColorLaserPrinters/CLP_300NXAA.asp

Only $349 and it's network ready. Non network is $299.

It has a super print resolution and is as small or smaller than most B&W laser printers.

Uses small cartridges (only 1000 per color, 2000 black), but they are correspondingly cheap (39 color, 49 black).

Setup was smooth as glass and it is setting on my network just as pretty as can be. Even does UPnP.

It just came out and I think it is gonna make a great home color laser. Will let you all know how it works out.

If you been wanting a color laser, but don't want one of those big monsters give this a look.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    I have refused to touch inkjet color printers and will not going forward. You really get taken for a ride with cartridge purchases. Color laser printers are just about at the quality-price compromise where I am willing to purchase. I've been waiting. I have tons of digital photos just waiting to be printed.

Let us know how your Samsung works for you. Please be as critical as you can concern print quality. I am particularly interested in photo print quality.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    I have refused to touch inkjet color printers and will not going forward. You really get taken for a ride with cartridge purchases. Color laser printers are just about at the quality-price compromise where I am willing to purchase. I've been waiting. I have tons of digital photos just waiting to be printed.

Let us know how your Samsung works for you. Please be as critical as you can concern print quality. I am particularly interested in photo print quality.

why not have them printed at wal-mart for I think 8 cents a picture is what it is here. and thats a 4x6. Pretty cheap if you ask me, and I dont think that inkjets or lasers can rival the print quality or price per print of the digital mini-labs.

As far as inkjets go, I dont really like them, but I bought an inking system for his inkjet printer and now it can hold like 400ml of ink, and he can fill all six colors for around $100 but that is with 400ml of ink in each tank which lasts him about 6 months of printing 8x10 prints. I mainly use my b&w laser because it is fast and cheap, unless I am printing photos, then I just send them into walmart and pick them up later.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited November 2006
    Nice find Missile. I'll be real interested too. I'm still nursing along an old HP 1100 for B&W (I think I paid about $400 for it years ago), and a cheap Canon ink for color. The size & price are pretty attractive but I'll be interested to hear what it puts out.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    400ml of ink in each tank which lasts him about 6 months of printing 8x10 prints
    That's interesting, really, but I'd like to know how many prints "6 months" is. Frankly, I haven't seen much from color inkjet printers that impresses me. I'm pretty fussy about photography. Not saying that inkjet technology is inadequate, but that I just haven't seen a good compromise of high quality and affordability with respect to ink refills.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2006
    Sounds great, Missileman. If I had the dough I'd grab one of those myself. A color laser printer is definitely on my wish list. :cheers:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    He doesn't print a whole lot, but he prints 8.5"x11" full pages prints on glossy paper which sucks up the ink. he probably print 20 a month, or so, im not sure exactly how much he prints, but laser is a whole lot more affordable.
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2006
    Well after a few days of printing I must say I am impressed.

Printer is fast, fairly quiet, and the software seems stable and not pushy.

The print quality is very crisp allowing the fine print on coupons to read without an issue.

The color printing is also extremely impressive. Color appears correct. The color in areas is very even without any streaking or color changes.

I have printed several web pages and the photos look great.

I have not tried a photo print yet. I will try to pick up some laser photo paper first. I did try a copy of a photograph direct from the scanner to printer. The color was crisp and sharp, but I felt the toner thickness was excessive on the plain paper. This is why I want to get some laser photo paper.

At this point I would recommend this printer highly for Document/graphics printing. They look like they were done in Kinko's by a Pro.

I'll let you all know about the photo stuff as soon as I give it a try.