FREE: Printer Memory, HP Laserjet 4 Series

fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
edited February 2007 in Trading Post
I have two 4MB SIMMs lying around that I pulled out of my HP Laserjet 4P. They are working flawlessly and are original HP memory. I only took them out because I upgraded to 8MB SIMMs, so it seems like a shame to throw them out, but I couldn't even sell them on eBay for a buck. Yet, those old HP printers are still super for home use with excellent print quality and die-hard construction. So if anybody has a use for this printer memory, just PM or email me your address and I send them to you free of charge. First come, first serve - in case they should be in more demand here than on fleabay :bigggrin:

AFAIK, these memory modules will work with the following HP models and more: Color LaserJet C3100A, Color LaserJet 5, CopyJet C3817A, DeskJet 1600C, and 1600CN, LaserJet 4+, 4M+, 4P, 4MP, 4V, 4MV, 5, 5M, 5N, 5P, 5MP, 5se, 5Si, 5Si, 5SiNX, 6P, 6MP, 6Pse and 6Pxi.

They will not work with LaserJet 4, 4M, and 4 Si printers.

225927727.jpg

Comments

• allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    i will take it, does it work with 5mp?
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    ah i see it does thx
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    You are right about HP Laserjets. The 'old' office models are diehards and have great print quality.
  • fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I bought my 4P about 4 years ago on eBay for the princely sum of $15 - plus $20 for shipping. Best deal I ever got! The only time it jams is when my wife pushes the paper drawer only half-way in :rolleyes:

With the 4P every page comes out just perfect - doesn't matter if I print a thousand pages in a day, or if I just print a one page letter after not using it for a month. On the other hand, whenever I start up my expensive Epson Stylus Photo 1280 color inkjet printer, it takes me at least 15min of fiddling around before all the nozzles are unclogged!