WOW is real smooth now :)

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited April 2007 in Hardware
I bought an HIS X1950 Pro from Leo. Had to get rid of the 7900GT's cause they wouldn't play nice with Vista 2 months after release. Since my new motherboard was Crossfire I said what to heck and went ahead and bought a twin brother for the one Leo sold me and put the 2 into crossfire.

Now the only game I spend anytime playing is WOW and since I actually could run it now under Vista I turned evrything wide open. 1920x1200 6X sampling 24 bit color, etc.... I get a mere 130 FPS. I think I'll like this fairly cheap setup :) (Thanks again Leo)

Single X1950 got 4821 on 3DMark06, CrossFire got 8197. My 7900GT Extreme used to pull 4891 single, and 7958 in SLI.

I may have to go back to some America's Army if I can break this Burning Crusade addiction.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I feel like a hero! :D Thanks for the report.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited March 2007
    which server do you play on?

Ally or horde?
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I've been Alliance on Blackhand mostly.

Trying to get a niight elf druid female played up to BC levels now. Got to 55 last night so it shouldn't be long.

Actually my FPS is not as high as I stated earlier. I get 130 inside the Dranei city, but it drops to 60-80 out in the "world". Still plenty of juice though.
    edited March 2007
    I am Horde on Spirestone

have a level 70 druid and working on a mage right now

do you have a problem alt tabing out of the game ?

it take almost 10 sec to get to the desktop.
    edited March 2007
    No mine takes a couple of seconds the first time and then is normal almost instany after that.

I run a RAID-0 though and have a 4GB readyboost under Vista also. Both see a lot of activity during Alt-Tab or scene change in WOW.
    edited March 2007
    HHHMMM i have 4 gigs of ram and a 74 gig raptor drive

alt tab is really lagged for me might try a new vid card the fan on this 6800 gt is about to go soon
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    4GB of ready boost? I read somewhere Vista will only use up to 1GB of ready boost.
    edited April 2007
    Nope - limit is 4Gb but must be at least 1Gb.

It's using 3700MB at the moment.