Easy way to turn UAC on and off

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited April 2007 in Science & Tech
This may be old news to some, but I just ran acrossed a new way to enable and disable that nasty UAC. This will be great for working on a customer machine. Off when I get it. On when it leaves.

Anyway here's where I found it.

Contol Panel -> Admin Tools -> system Conifg. This opens the old msconfig window. On the tools tab there are little command files for doing things from the command prompt. One is enable UAC and one is Disable UAC. Just highlight it and press the launch button. All done.

Easy access --- no muss----no fuss

Maybe it will make it easy for a few people.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Good tip. Is there any unexpected system behaviour to watch out for when this is disabled? (like crashing install progs or something?)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    No, but it makes Vista more vulnerable to viruses, spyware and rootkits than XP. But if you're bright, you avoid those things anyhow.

Just a fair warning. UAC pisses me off, though.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited April 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    UAC pisses me off, though.

Big time, me too. But I know if I turn it off, I'm going to forget to turn it back on before I leave. Do you know how many times I leave a computer and get a call the next day telling me about all these files with "squiggley little lines and faded icons"? I still can't remember to re-hide hidden files, I'll never get this one.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited April 2007
    UAC pisses me off, though.

Me too - I first read about it and thought it sounded like a superb idea, on the contrary, its execution is clumsy to say the least :/