Just bought a a7n8x

KometeKomete Member
edited December 2003 in Hardware
Well a freind of mine sold me his asus a7n8x for $45.00 hehe. It's not a 2.0 but it'll do for now. Anyways it'll be a month or so before I get a 2500+ or better. I'm goign to use my 1600xp in it and try a little over clocking.

My question is if I fill in the pits on the L1's can I just use a pincil like used to on my old duron to unlock my cpu? Or do I have to get rear window defogger repair paint to unlock it?

Also I'll be useing White out to fill the pits. I've read it works just as well as any thing else out there.

Comments

• KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2003
    Well couldn't wait for a reply I went ahead and did it in my current Mobo. Right off the bat it booted as a 1800+ without going into the bios. went in and I can adjust it.

Gave my self a hart attack when I relized I was out of thermal grease. What I ended up doing was useing a exacto knife to scrape some off the sides of the core from my previous install.. lol

Well things seem stable at 1800 but temps are high at around 54c so I'll wait till my arctic silver comes in and mobo to see what I can get out of this chip.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2003
    well I pushed up the multiplyer to 12.5 which is the highest this mobo will go. Cant wait for the new to see what I realy can get out of this. SO right now I'm running at a 2000xp+. Fun stuff
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2003
    well due to the wacky mobo bios I cant push the fsb any more with out teh agp going from 69 to 79. so untill the a7n8x arrives I'm stuck at 2100xp+ which aint bad since it's a 1600xp.
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited December 2003
    not bad! I just started running my xp 2600 at xp 3000 level and my temps are around 41c with the oem heatsink. they have really come along way in performance.u may want to purchase one. But i warn you they are a bitch to put one because the clamp is extra high pressure! but again props on the oc
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2003
    Thanks bro, it was more or less just to see what I can get out of it before I up grade to a 2500xp. Within a week or so I plan on buying thermaltakes silent boost for cooling. I'm realy anxious to see what I'll be able to get out of this with good cooling and the Asus mobo.
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited December 2003
    around 2.1ghz or maybe 2.2 ghz would be likely
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2003
    Philip this is a old pally core you realy think it can do 2.1 or 2.2? I have the steppings if it helps

AX1600DMT3C
    AGOI02138PIW
    Y8054481393
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited December 2003
    Actually with good cooling and plenty of vcore I'm sure that old timer will hit the 2.1ghz mark. As long as the ram you have will keep up.

My 1600 Pali hit 2.1Ghz with watercooling on my old Epox 8K3A+. Forgot what ram i was using at the time tho. I'm sure stoopid remembers, we was there ;)