Modded side panel

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I am going to mod the side panel on my Cooler Master "WaveMaster" case for a custom window.:cool:

I will have a friend of mine cut it on a CNC machine, so it will not be dremeled to death. I am trying to be original, but not complicated. please let me know what you think. Ideas, don'ts, do's, yada yada yada. ;)

I apologize for the low quality, but the attachment size allowed is ridiculously small. :mad:

Comments

• WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    It's an awesome case even without a window.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Weedo wrote:
    It's an awesome case even without a window.
    True, but want a window and have the technology to make it special. :thumbsup:

Seriously, more comments /ideas needed!!!!!!
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited July 2004
    ummm... from the pencil sketch I just saw it looked like you are making a sort of X shape? But there was a square around it so now I'm confused, and I am not talking about the second square around it representing the case sides.
    edited July 2004
    Sorry, the attatchment as I said is lowsy, here is a new pic. ;)

The extra lines are dimentions, and it is sidways.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited July 2004
    GOOD LOOKIN. I know that if I ever carved out a window I would probably try to not let the outside see the harddrives and messy cables there, and probably not the psu or drives either, but everything else would be visible. PSUs, and drives are ugly to stare at, but motherboards, distant light, and graphics cards are the good things.
    edited July 2004
    yagga wrote:
    GOOD LOOKIN. I know that if I ever carved out a window I would probably try to not let the outside see the harddrives and messy cables there, and probably not the psu or drives either, but everything else would be visible. PSUs, and drives are ugly to stare at, but motherboards, distant light, and graphics cards are the good things.

Thats the basic idea that I have; just want to show off the good stuff. Also trying to keep the "wave theme" for the case, as far as the angles go that is.
    ;)
    edited July 2004
    Bump, more yay /nays PLEASE!!!! If you don't like it then tell me what you think!! PLEASE! :)
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    I don't know what a CNC machine is, but if it makes a clean cut it's going to look great. That shape fits with that case nicely. Were you going to use some kind of trim for the edges, and how are you planning on attaching the plexiglass to the panel?
    edited July 2004
    The CNC machine will make very clean edges, so they won't have to be doctored.

I will attatch the clear lexan with either silicon or with small stainless socket head cap screws, maybe rivits.
  • verselloversello New
    edited July 2004
    Reminds me of an X-Box...

Looks good tho; certainly better than the norm rectangle cut-outs.