Swiftech MCX462-V

WeedoWeedo New
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I'm gonna report on this thing because it doesn't seem to get mentioned much. I got a significant drop in my load temps when I swapped out my AX-7. I went from 58C full load to 51C. I ordered my MCX462 with an 80mm 14db SilenX fan. I had a much louder and higher output fan on the AX-7 (can't remember the exact specs on it). It's big but does a great job. I'd like to see load temps in the 40's. I know I could with a higher cfm fan but I like the quiet. So I'd have to say I've been very happy with the change. Also, the difference between idle and load is greatly reduced.

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    was it hard to install? i know that thing is a huge copper base, got any pix?
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    It wasn't really hard to install. It can be installed without removing the motherboard because you place it straight down onto the socket. When loosening the screws which allow the springs to place tension on the clip, you have to be sure the clip doesn't twist out of position. This is the best I could do fpr pics. Can't get in to get a good shot of the base.
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited July 2004
    I installed mine a few weeks ago my load temps are around 45c and i have my cpu oc'ed from 1.9 to 2.1ghz
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited July 2004
    phlip wrote:
    I installed mine a few weeks ago my load temps are around 45c and i have my cpu oc'ed from 1.9 to 2.1ghz

That's excellent. What kind of fan are you using on it?