Winter and cpu temps

edited November 2004 in Hardware
Don`t you love winter??? All summer my temps where 39c idle and 52c full load on my 2.8 prescott. Now that the winter came i have a very nice 36c idle and 48 full load. i haveeven overclocked it at 3.3ghz and i have 40c idle and 53 full load. i can`t wait until december comes and have lower temps

Comments

• youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited November 2004
    hehe, i used to open my case and leave it by an open window when temps dropped in the winter
  • edited November 2004
    i am just amased. I just powered up my computer and hits 33c idle and 44c full load. too bad where i leave the temps won`t go lower than 4c at night.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited November 2004
    hehe, i used to open my case and leave it by an open window when temps dropped in the winter

Wow, you must be a southerner. We could never leave a window open during the window unless we wanted to turn the heat off and develop permafrost.
  • ChemicalChildChemicalChild Canada
    edited November 2004
    "hehe, i used to open my case and leave it by an open window when temps dropped in the winter"

Clearly he has never experienced an Canadian winter...
    edited November 2004
    "hehe, i used to open my case and leave it by an open window when temps dropped in the winter"

Clearly he has never experienced an Canadian winter...

exactly my point, except knock of the canadian and just say northern-inland

...to proove this further, it is 10*F out right now here.
  • edited November 2004
    I live in the Sierra Nevada's...Ok...now..winter...you don't leave your damn window open. At least not all the time....

2Ghz Idle=25c Load=38c
    2.4Ghz Idle=28c Load= 39-40c
  • edited November 2004
    Too bad in my country we don`t have this kind of winters. to imagine just 2 weeks ago i stopped using the aircondition.now it is 1:00 pm and is 24c outside.I think i am going to try this with the window
    edited November 2004
    What country, or is it a southern hemisphere country where summer is cold?
  • edited November 2004
    Actually i live in a country called Cyprus if anybody knows it. You may heard ayia napa (competing with ibiza for best place going out). Our worst winter is like 14c at day and 3-4c at night exept in the mountains that is 5-6c at day and -5c at night.
  • edited November 2004
    heh, last night it was 7 degrees farenheit, or for you celcius freaks.... -13c...that was on teh valley floor, i really don't wanna know what it was up in the mountain.
  • edited November 2004
    Lucky you. I just love winter. :p
    edited November 2004
    it warmed up from 4 (-15C) degrees this morning to about 30 (-2C) right now, and I love it too!