my new fujitsu scsi drive

edited May 2005 in Hardware
My new fujitsu 17gb 15krpm 8mb cache u320 scsi drive came yesterday. installed it few hours ago. This beast MAKES A LOT of noise, but i shouldn`t complain about noise as i currently have 5 case fans speening and a 6000rpm cpu cooler fan. :p

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited April 2005
    Dang, I bet it makes a lot of noises. I recently installed an 18 gig 10k rpm Qauntum SCSI ultrawide160 drive in both my servers, but it made too much of a damn racket that I took them out. Now I'm just going for high-end SATA drives.

how do you even work in an environment with that much noise?
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    airoh69 wrote:
    My new fujitsu 17gb 15krpm 8mb cache u320 scsi drive came yesterday. installed it few hours ago. This beast MAKES A LOT of noise, but i shouldn`t complain about noise as i currently have 5 case fans speening and a 6000rpm cpu cooler fan. :p

I have a pair of Fujitsu 15k MAM series running in this box and they are near silent. No louder then a IDE basicaly.

Is yours a MAS or MAU series?

The newer ones should be quiter then mine.

Tex
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    HDTACH and ATTO's PAALEEZZZZZ!!!
  • edited April 2005
    My case is one thermaltake that weights about 14kg empty. So imagine how solid it is. So the hd doesn`t make any vibration. the only annoying noise is the cpu fan. Yesterday i was transferring data from one sata hd to my scsi through 1gb lan. I got up to 18mB/s. Probably i could get more but i don`t thing the sata could go more.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited April 2005
    your gigabit Lan is whats slowing you down not the speed of the drives.

Tex
  • edited May 2005
    Tex wrote:
    your gigabit Lan is whats slowing you down not the speed of the drives.

Tex

Why should the gigabit LAn Slow me down. It is supposed 10000 Mbps