iMac G3 Keyboard: Best Keyboard ive ever used.

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Well recently i bought an old iMac G3 at a yardsale, it came with an original keyboard in very good condition.

I got this idea... What happens when i plug an old USB Mac Keyboard in a PC? Well... Let me tell you... I have fallen in love with this keyboard its PERFECT!!

I dont know.. maybe its just the way the keyboard feels as I press the Keys or maybe because its really small... but its the best keyboard ive ever used for gaming!

My only gripe is... I cant press ctrl+alt+Del... so if i ever have Program problems and i cant get to the desktop i still have to use my Wireless keyboard :(

But i love this thing anyway! ;) I guess im just a really big geek...

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Personally, I can't stand the thing. I prefer a keyboard that has a bit of tactile feedback, not the silent mush that you get when you press one of the mac keys. I use a 1986 IBM keyboard through a PS2 connection. The thing is your typical layout, weighs a solid 4 or 5 pounds, and has the long life metal action for the keys. Click, click click. It's loud as hell, and you can beat the hell out of it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    The thing is tiny and mushy. I want to break it.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2007
    Jengo wrote:
    Well recently i bought an old iMac G3 at a yardsale, it came with an original keyboard in very good condition.

I got this idea... What happens when i plug an old USB Mac Keyboard in a PC? Well... Let me tell you... I have fallen in love with this keyboard its PERFECT!!

I dont know.. maybe its just the way the keyboard feels as I press the Keys or maybe because its really small... but its the best keyboard ive ever used for gaming!

My only gripe is... I cant press ctrl+alt+Del... so if i ever have Program problems and i cant get to the desktop i still have to use my Wireless keyboard :(

But i love this thing anyway! ;) I guess im just a really big geek...
    Try out the G4 ones it will leave you wanting to murder small children.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    I use a 1986 IBM keyboard through a PS2 connection.
    You actually use a 21 year-old keyboard? I can't believe it's been in use for 21 years. No computer hardware can be that good, can it?
  • edited August 2007
    Yes, yes it can. This thing is built like a tank, and is still fully compatible with my modern system.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Personally, I can't stand the thing. I prefer a keyboard that has a bit of tactile feedback, not the silent mush that you get when you press one of the mac keys. I use a 1986 IBM keyboard through a PS2 connection. The thing is your typical layout, weighs a solid 4 or 5 pounds, and has the long life metal action for the keys. Click, click click. It's loud as hell, and you can beat the hell out of it.
    Roger that...I have one that is currently in use on my KVM for the servers/test rigs. They are tanks and I do love it myself.

Everyday use has to be my Natural keyboard though, its much better on my hands/arms since I do so much typing.