Folding for two teams?

NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
edited October 2007 in Folding@Home
I have two pc's in my house. Both are folding under my name for team 93, but when I check out my F@H page it says one of my pc's are folding for some (blu-ray.com) team. I checked both consoles and they both say Nightwolf (team 93).

Whats this all about?

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited October 2007
    Is it that some other guy is folding under the same name? I didn't think of that at first... If so, why is only one pc showing up to be folding for team 93.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=93&username=Nightwolf

The Stanford stats page keeps stats which show how many active CPU's you have, and in the last 50 days, you only have one.

Your f@hlog file should show you the team numbers you're folding for because you have one on 93 and one on 56895.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    If you've done any folding for the other team in the past, it will show permanently on your stats. Like DanG says, the active CPUs per team figure is a better way to track your actual current contributions.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2007
    Nightwolf wrote:
    I have two pc's in my house. Both are folding under my name for team 93, but when I check out my F@H page it says one of my pc's are folding for some (blu-ray.com) team. I checked both consoles and they both say Nightwolf (team 93).

The only possibility I can think of so far is that you may not be folding out of the directory you think you are. Is it possible you (or someone who might use one of the machines) might have folded under a different name and/or a different team at one time? If so, that PC could be folding under another user ID.

One way of investigating is doing a full PC search for another copy of the FAH client. Another clue is looking at the dates being recorded by the fah log.