Cryo Z ?

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Hardware
Hey Ryder

When will the Cryo Z be available ?
Any chance of getting a scratch and dent ? or pre release sample ?

Thanks

Scott

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    We have an article that's waiting to be published since, oh, forever about it.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Hey Thrax
    I remember a post that RyderOCZ had brought one down to play with, In your opinion ( Which I value ) do you think the Cryo Z or any phase change system is a feasable 24/7 cooling solution ? This would be for my OC'd Q6600 which is a full time folder. It has been running full load since I put it together last Sept. Also , if you think it is a long term solution , how loud is it ?

The box is currently watercooled but my radiator is undersized so I want to upgrade to at least a double or triple 120 Rad. But I would also like to play with the Phase change. If it is not up to the task of 24/7 operation though it would just be an expensive toy.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
    edited April 2008
    Yes, it's feasible for 24/7. That's the point of a phase-change system like that. It has safeguards in place to keep your system healthy in case something DOES go bad, which you can't say for watercooling. A broken phase-change system shuts the PC down. A broken water-cooling system roasts your PC.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I thought the Cryo-Z didn't like the heat a Q6600 made?
    edited April 2008
    You must be, because the Cryo-Z handled the output of an overclocked G0 just fine.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    If the article was published, I wouldn't have had to ask such a dumb question. ;)
    edited April 2008
    AND HOW. ;)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Yes, it's feasible for 24/7. That's the point of a phase-change system like that. It has safeguards in place to keep your system healthy in case something DOES go bad, which you can't say for watercooling. A broken phase-change system shuts the PC down. A broken water-cooling system roasts your PC.

There's no reason a water cooling system can't have the same type of safeguards. It just needs to be built into the WC package like the Cryo Z has it built in.
    edited April 2008
    Yes, but nobody does it, or has done it in the 8-10 years of watercooling.