DOS game Scorched Earth in XP

croc_croc_ New
edited December 2003 in Gaming
I can get it to run, but the game speed is at like 1000%. If I press up to change angle it just goes crazy, and if I shoot I can't even see the bullet or anything .... is there a way to slow it down?

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    compatibility mode?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited December 2003
    It wont run through windows, I have to open it from the command line. How do I run compatability mode through command line?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    You can use mo-slow. Or mo-slo. Or whatever it's called - it slows down old games to a runnable level.
  • edited December 2003
    Mo-slo for sure!
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited December 2003
    i got it to work sorta

whats mo-slo?
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    create a shortcut? won't that have a compatibility mode dropdown box then? I'm not sure, just giving suggestions
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited December 2003
    yeah, i made a shortcut and did all that junk, and IDK why but if i hold down shift when I press the buttons it slows it down just enough, but its still alot faster than it should be, one quick tap of the arrow key moves the tank about 8 degrees, when it should move in increments of 1.
  • MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited December 2003
    Mo-slo is a great dos tool that emulates a slow 386 or 486 I forget which one, but slows games down enough to play them at proper speed.

here is a linky
  • edited December 2003
    It doesnt emulate anything, just forces waitstates on the CPU.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Thusly emulating the speed of a 386 or 486 for the game. Right? Right.
  • DOSMANDOSMAN Grand Rapids, MI
    edited December 2003
    moslo is a great utility for getting those older games to run. Although I recommend making a bootable DOS partition for all the old games. :p
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited December 2003
    Thrax had this to say
    Thusly emulating the speed of a 386 or 486 for the game. Right? Right.

still plays extremely fast. so i dont think so. just takes longer to load lol. *shrug* i give up .... maybe ill do that dos partition .... although i could just play gunbound or worms and get the same effect ....
  • edited December 2003
    don't give up. emulate dos with dosbox . it works wonders with the older games, getting sound to work and everything.