A question about Laptops...

DareDare SD
edited June 2009 in Hardware
Yeah. I always seem to be asking you guys for advice. XD What can I say? You all know your shit.

Laptops. For my mom.
She's pretty comp rough, but she's getting the hang of them.
She's also getting the hang of my fancy dancy digital camera I sold to her a while ago. (Needed cash, she likes photography, it worked)

Now she's starting to realize her wal-mart laptop is FAIL.

And wants to get something that will run photoshop decently while editing large RAW image files.

But, as always, Cost can be an issue.

I know nothing in the world of laptops. Some general pointers of what to look for, whats important, whats good whats bad, I'd appreciate.

Around $1000 is the discussed area. If you guys would help me out for the umpteenth time, I'd be thankful as always. ^_^

Later,
-Dare

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I just bought this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220521&Tpk=n51vf-x1

Looks just like the N51VF-A1, except with a slightly slower processor and cheaper price tag. From what I can tell, it's gotten good reviews and I'm sure would run everything great. Of course, it's probably overkill in some areas, but I really liked the 1 year of accidental damage and 2 years of standard warranty that ASUS includes.
  • DareDare SD
    edited June 2009
    Thats a pretty damn sweet laptop for that price. Wowsa. O.o
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    That's what I said! I can let you know how it is when I get it early next week. I really like the 15.6" screen. Not too large, and not too small. Should game great, and run everything else extremely well. I'm going to install Windows 7 RC on it as soon as I get it. It'll be my gaming machine at the Expo.
  • DareDare SD
    edited June 2009
    Awesome! For sure lemme know how she runs, and appreciate the heck out of the pointers, mate. ^_^