BF1942, creating a BIN/CUE file

CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
edited January 2004 in Science & Tech
I own a legal copy of BF1942 that I'd like to create a CUE file for. I'd like to mount the image using Daemon tools so that I can play without having to put the CD in the drive/swap out other CD's. I tried to use CDRWin 3.9e to create a cue file, but it errors out and does not create a useable file. I need suggestions on how to make this work. I am not trying to pirate this, rather, using the software I have paid for in a manner that works best for me (take THAT EULA!!! :rockon::wtf::rarr: )

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Hmm...you could try ripping it with alcohol 120/52%. http://www.alcohol-software.com/

You can also use alcohol to mount images as well.
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited January 2004
    i've used clonecd to make .cue file for deamon tools. It's a little hard to find because the company that makes it can't anymore. I got a copy off of Kazza.
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited January 2004
    Any of the burning programs should be able to make an image for you.
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited January 2004
    Templar wrote:
    Any of the burning programs should be able to make an image for you.

In a perfect world, yes, but I believe the BF CD's contain some means of thwarting the burn/rip process.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    CaffeineMe wrote:
    In a perfect world, yes, but I believe the BF CD's contain some means of thwarting the burn/rip process.

I believe you're right. I know I've tried just making a direct copy of the BF1942 cd with Nero, and the disc it created wouldn't work to play the game.

I'm so tired of crap that makes it harder to play the games we actually own. My biggest pet peeve is having to sit through opening clips showing the developer's and publisher's names. EA is really bad about it. I've owned the game for awhile now, I think I know who made it. :mean:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    CaffeineMe wrote:
    I own a legal copy of BF1942 that I'd like to create a CUE file for. I'd like to mount the image using Daemon tools so that I can play without having to put the CD in the drive/swap out other CD's. I tried to use CDRWin 3.9e to create a cue file, but it errors out and does not create a useable file. I need suggestions on how to make this work. I am not trying to pirate this, rather, using the software I have paid for in a manner that works best for me (take THAT EULA!!! :rockon::wtf::rarr: )
    You could just try making an iso of it. Use Alcohol 120% and ClonyXXL (to check what kind of protection the cd has). If you already have the bin, convert it to ISO with WinISO.
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I'm so tired of crap that makes it harder to play the games we actually own. My biggest pet peeve is having to sit through opening clips showing the developer's and publisher's names. EA is really bad about it. I've owned the game for awhile now, I think I know who made it.
    Add "+restart 1" (w/o the quotes) to Target path of the shortcut.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Use CloneCD or Alcohol 120%.

You COULD try the Blindwrite suite, but the Pattin/Couffin layer they use for it sucks.
  • edited January 2004
    You can also check the copy protection at www.gamecopyworld.com . According to that website, BF1942 uses safedisk v2 as well as cd-checks during the game. You need a program that will be able to copy a disk successfully even with safedisk v2 used.

KingFish
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Use Alcohol 120% with its MDF format, the backup will actually work that way.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    If you're lazy and have the bandwidth, you could always download it... :D