Automatic Folder Syncing between OSX/WIN 7

McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
edited December 2009 in Science & Tech
Anyone know of an automatic solution that will keep two folders on two computers sync'd between each other.

More importantly, a snow leopard and a win 7 install. I want my media (~100gigs) to be local to be both computers, but I want it to happen automatically.

Anyone have a solution? I'm open to a raid NAS, but that's after I explore software options first.

Chuck

Comments

• chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited December 2009
    I would just use SyncBack for that assuming you can access both drives from your Windows box. I know there are some similar products on OS X that will do the same thing. I think you can do a full auto monitored sync with it but I'd just schedule it once a night or something, that's how I do my backups.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited December 2009
    I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks for the pointer.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited December 2009
    I can vouch for Chris's solution - I've used SynchBack on two machines and found it to be very good. T have no experience of OSX though so not sure how it would work out there.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited December 2009
    Used the trial version on my win7 machine to sync to my macbook. Worked fine, I just had to enable sharing on my macbook for particular folders.

One thing of note was the option to only transfer and compare certain files, i.e., .mp3 and the like.

Two thumbs up for this software. Seems pretty customizable too in terms of comparison actions. Well worth the investment imho.

Chuck
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I friggen' love that program.