Table tops

ZarineshZarinesh New
edited October 2010 in Gaming
I play Warhammer with my friends. (I'm Chaos Space Marines)
As far as fantasy goes, I play Chaos Warriors. (Don't really like Fantasy)
I play D&D with those same people. :P
Me and some friends took the halo wars risk models, and made our own table top halo wars.
uhh... I play a little risk...

How about you? :bigggrin:

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2010
    I stick to designer boardgames and RPG's. I lost interest in table top mini-games when the cost in $$$ and time became to prohibitive.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    40K- Orks, Necrons, and Khorne
    Fantasy- Roughly 3k pts of pure Goblins
    RPGs- D&D, Shadowrun
    Misc- Warmachine, Flames of War, Hordes, Blood Bowl, Necromunda, Ex Illis, Mordheim... I can go on.

And a crap ton of boardgames.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    40K (though not in a long time): Dark Eldar
    RPGs: Call of Cthulu, D20 Modern, SWRPG, Spycraft, Pathfinder ("D&D 3.7")
  • ZarineshZarinesh New
    edited March 2010
    Well i was going to go orks, but the cost for a legit army is OMFGWTF
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    RPG:
    Currently - D&D 2nd, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 (Currently back to 2nd Edition), and Warhammer
    Played in the past - Cyberpunk, Champions, GERPS, Vampire/Warewolf, Paladium, Star Trek, Star Wars

Other:
    MtG, Dragons, Risk, Miday, Settlers of Catan....
  • BuddyJBuddyJ
    has been building his Ork army for 12 years and it's still not done.

Also, never play Orks expecting to win. Play them only because they're fun. If you like how Orks work, do what I did and make a pure Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    has been building his Ork army for 12 years and it's still not done.

Also, never play Orks expecting to win. Play them only because they're fun. If you like how Orks work, do what I did and make a pure Khorne SM army. Yell "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" every time you get a kill. Sure, you'll be That Guy, but it's worth it.
    edited March 2010
    Friend of mine plays Orks and wins a lot. But he's pretty specific with his build it's almost entirely focused around Speed Boyz. He storms and storms until there is nothing left. If he doesn't get the jump he's dead. But if he gets in there and in there first he can usually catch his opponents off guard and *win the day.

*I This is in a tournament style game though not a last man standing approach.
  • ZarineshZarinesh New
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, Orks r awsm.
  • mr_magoomr_magoo state of confusion
    edited September 2010
    AD&D, HackMaster, Castles & Crusades, Arduin, Palladium, Call of Cthulhu, Aces & Eights, Lejendary Adventures, The End, board and strategy games.

I avoid CCGs, massive mini investment and anything that "collectible," in the sense of buying more and more to collect.

I also have no interest in video games or computer games. I wouldn't have a life at all if I got into those (I barely have one now).
    edited September 2010
    Recently got into a table top skirmish level game called Malifaux. The game almost plays like a CCG in that every mini has is it's own personality with powers that trigger based on various actions. Also instead of using dice as a randomizer it uses a deck of cards. Plus the mini's are sublime.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    My buddy has the Malifaux rules. I've given them a look and it seems like a sweet game. Probably gonna pick up some of the minis next time I hit the game store. They'll be awesome if only just to paint.
    edited October 2010
    One of the things I really like about the skirmish rules - that goes along way towards balancing things - is that winning the game is entirely based on your strategies and your objectives. You can display or hide your strategy. Displaying it flatly tells your opponent what your up to but if you complete it you get a bigger bonus, hiding it lowers the reward but also the risk. The objectives though are varied and really go a long way to making each game feel different.

But where the balancing act comes in is that very few strategies/objectives are a case of kill everyone on the other team. More to the point many will fail if you just go out and kill everyone on the other team. It makes control, positioning and team management all the more important because if all you do is concentrate on combat your opponent will likely achieve his objectives long before you've killed him off.