ArP, SP, MP5, AP, DEF rating gone

FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
edited October 2010 in Gaming
I Haven't read up a whole lot on this subject but as far as i am aware the stats that will be removed when Cataclysm goes live are: Armor Penetration, Spell Power, Mana Per 5 seconds, Attack Power, and Defense Rating.
So what does this mean exactly? :confused2
For instance, on my warrior do i need to drop all my ArP gems for Strength gems before Cataclysm goes live?
Or
Will stats be converted automatically on all gear pre Cataclysm (lvl 1-80)?

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2010
    One would hope they convert for you. All the gear should also transform into a more usable set. The easiest way to test this would be to convert a character to the beta.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    One would hope they convert for you. All the gear should also transform into a more usable set. The easiest way to test this would be to convert a character to the beta.

Ill try that tonight and see how it looks.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Blizzard has said that players after the stat conversion will have roughly the same effectiveness.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    the biggest thing though is it seems that we will be quickly switching out our gear for pieces that have mastery, which i was hoping it would be more like TBC to WotLK where you kept your tier gear till around lvl 76 depending how good it was of course. The whole stam conversion is going to be really strange.... like ive seen mages in videos with less than entry level raiding gear with 80k health..... wtf
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    From what I've heard, those stats that are being removed will be switched to other stats. I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that this conversion will include some changing over to mastery stats.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2010
    That'd be nice. Mastery is really amazing for most classes.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    but i guess this wont matter too much since we'll be leveling new characters on a different server lol