New Computer

FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
edited October 2010 in Hardware
I am looking to build a new computer due to the crappiness of my current one. I don't know most of the people on this site due to the simple fact that i only created an account here because i needed to so i could join the World of Warcraft Icrontic Guild. I am not huge on computers but i am smart enough to realize when i need a new one, but i would like some feedback on whether or not the parts i am thinking about ordering are good or not. (This computer will be geared towards gaming)
So here goes nothing:

MOBO: GIGABYTE AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard (Model: GA-890GPA-UD3H)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor (Model: HDT55TFBGRBOX)

HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (Model: ST31000528AS)

Ram: OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory (Model: OCZ3P1333LV4GK)

{Newegg has those four parts as a bundle for about $500 and some of my friends suggested that type of Mobo}

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

From this point i havent really looked into the other parts (optical drives, PSU, or any other important part i didn't mention). Like i stated before I'm not really a huge computer person so please be gentle with any feedback :)

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The only thing I would change is the case. Antec 300, AZZA solano or NZXT Hades would be great choices. All your other choices are absolutely rock solid picks.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The other change I would recommend is spending the extra $10 to get an XFX card instead of the sapphire. Lifetime warranty is full of win! Also, if you want to save some bucks, I'm selling mine which has a double lifetime, but I'm not trying to sway you just to buy my card. 2 year warranty vs lifetime for $10 is an awesome deal.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    thx for the feedback, ill look into these ideas......
    any input on the psu or optical drive?
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    and for the mouse and such, i think im going to get a Razer Naga, Razer carcharias (headset) and i don't know about the keyboard
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    ODD doesnt really matter unless you are looking for a specific rip quality (there are some drives that last longer with good results than other)

PSU ... get at least 550W quality, meaning NXNT, Corsair, PC P&C, Antec, Seasonic, Rosewill is decent. I think either Seasonic or PCP&C recently changed their capacitor suppliers and their quality dropped, but I don't remember where I saw it. Someone else could chime in on that. If you want a straight "pick this one": NXNT ... 80+ gold cert, 550W. I didn't do any research beyond looking at newegg.