Eyefinity

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Hardware
yea, I just jizzed all over my keyboard.

Single GPU, 3 monitors, AMD has something going here. :rockon:

Now to resist going Crossfire...

(anyone thinking about going eyefinity and does not have a Displayport monitor, make sure you get an ACTIVE adapter. Don't be a dumb like me)

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Eyefinity only applies to 3+ monitors, right?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Eyefinity only applies to 3+ monitors, right?

correct, 3 or more. I think 6 is the max right now, but I hear things about 12 soon ;)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, the adaptors thing is kind of funny at the moment, but it's being remedied.

I know that on the FirePro side, active adapters are beginning to be packaged.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    VGA DVI HDMI Displayport, MiniDP.

Yanno, it would be kind of nice if all you video card bitches would pick and stick with a standard. I mean, can anyone tell the difference between DVI|HDMI|DP...no.

DRM be damned
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    If you're doing the Eyefinity, two monitors can be DVI, the rest have to be DisplayPort. All those DisplayPort can be native DP monitors, or DVI monitors with adapters. If you're using adapters, you SHOULD use active adapters. If you want to save money, ONE monitor in an Eyefinity setup can use one of the $20 passive adapters from Sapphire on Newegg.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Only if the res is 1920x1200 or lower, right? All resolutions that would require dual-link DVI will require an active DP adapter.

Welcome to the club, FC. :) Let me know how DA2 is on it. DA1 always kind of stretched the edges, but so it goes.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Yes, 1920x1200 or lower on the passive.