New Grand Central

edited June 2011 in Minecraft
New Grand Central is now fully operational

1GQAjl.png

Myself and SuperStrife have been working all weekend and it is now up and running.

The station features a single departure point for all rail locations. Check the board in the front,
mJy9ss.png
and push the button correlated with the color at the station.
Fq0xns.png
You will be powered up a hill and switched to your desired location. If you happen to launch an empty cart, it will simply be returned to you. The station is currently servicing 4 rails, but is awaiting another 2 in case of future expansion, all you need to do is add rail to the switched lines at the end. If a 7th line is needed as some point it can be made available with a small modification to the station.

Perhaps the best feature is the cart dispenser, pressing a button will drop a cart from above directly into position and ready to use.

rHwe7s.png
The next cart in the dispenser queue will move up and be ready for the next user to request. Just remember to fill it from time to time by dropping a cart to the right of the station on the track labeled as such.

ymS0ps.png
If you don't there is an indicator light letting you know the dispenser is empty. If it is, there is nothing stopping you from placing you own cart and being on your way. There is also a return if someone tries to overfill it, you will simply have your cart returned if you ignore the indicator saying the dispenser is full.

We will be tweaking the look of the station over the coming days and will make some functionality improvements, however you should not notice any interruption of your regular service.

We will ask that no one attempt to gain access to the stations interior workings, gumming up the dispenser is a pain to fix, and tracing the switching circuit for problems is a pain as well.

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Wow guys, that looks pretty cool, thanks!
  • edited May 2011
    Also if anyone has any problems with lag and not being directed down the correct track let me know and I'll implement a lag proof design but I've yet to have it not work properly so I'll leave it as is.
  • edited May 2011
    I did it anyway, it no longer relies on delays and the track selection will hold until the next track selection is input rather then resetting. I also added a reset button that should never have to be used, but is there to make you happy if you like buttons
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited May 2011
    I hate buttons
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the work guys. I took a couple rides. It looks great.

-Digi
  • edited May 2011
    ZAN is blessed to have such dedicated and smart crafters.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Wow.

~Cyrix
  • edited May 2011
    Eq4jsl.jpg

The new look

Improvements:

1.Revamped the return lines to a central place

2.New entrance to make easier access from spawn

3.Grand Central sign in iron to awe newcomers of our prowess

4.Working Clock Tower (Counts 20 mins intervals, a 12 hour clock would be two big)

5.Flowers around the fountain for beautification
  • edited May 2011
    +1 rep
    edited June 2011
    MC Engis,

The cart dispenser is not working currently at Grand central. We've tested with both Builders and Non builders and pushing the button does not send a cart.

-Digi
  • edited June 2011
    It seems it was just empty. I refilled the dispenser as well as the chest next to the refill track with carts.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Cap!

-Digi
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited June 2011
    There is a light for the dispenser being empty, it could have been not "working" due to red stone occasionally not updating.