BF1942 Mouse speed

croc_croc_ New
edited February 2004 in Gaming
are there any command line parameters to make the sensitivity a bit lower? I can move the slider all teh way down, but in game its still way to sensitive. I move both the windows and the in game sensitivity to 1 and its still like I can do 360's in place by moving my mouse a few inches.

Comments

• NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited January 2004
    Are you turning the sensitivity down in the soldier tab or just the general tab? There are several tabs (air, ground, soldier, etc.) and each one has its own mouse sensitivity setting. If you havn't tried that yet I'd say it would be a safe bet that is what it is.

Norge
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    Doh. I'll try that after work. I am sure that will fix it. Thanks!
  • edited January 2004
    Yup to what norge said. Also, if your framerates suck BF1942 will punish you hard for it. Many friends' computers that I've installed BF1942 for them had sucky framerates and the mouse was quite choppy even when the starts up and is in the setup screen. With your hardware I see above though you shouldn't have a problem. What's your screename on BF1942 so I can add it to All Seeing Eye...

KingFish
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    I change it around all the time ... but usually "croc_".

Frame rates are fine, but I hate how it wont run if I have refresh-force on .... it doesn't seem to like high refresh rates?
  • edited January 2004
    croc_ wrote:

Frame rates are fine, but I hate how it wont run if I have refresh-force on .... it doesn't seem to like high refresh rates?

I remember something in some forums a long while ago about the game self limiting itself to 60 frames per second. There was something put out by Nvidia I think that would get rid of that limitation within the game. I don't have anywhere specifically to direct you but if you want to check out some forums on that topic I'm sure you'll come across it. I would take an educated guess that the problem is related.

KingFish

p.s. My name for the time being is "|O|||C| KingFish". I was/am in the O-Company clan for BF1942/Desert Combat. www.o-company-bf1942.net
    The clan for all intents and purposes is pretty much dead because everyone has been so busy. It is a good looking website and was a great clan in its heyday. Maybe a potential S-M clan could be forming for BF1942?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    BF1942 SM Clan.... I'd join.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    croc_ wrote:

...\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\VideoDefault.con

Edit with notepad. Change "renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0" to "1".
  • edited January 2004
    Anyone have webmaster skills to make this happen? Maybe even get in some ladders and all? And ideas for tags...

KingFish
    edited January 2004
    I'd be in a SM Battlefield 1942 clan in a heartbeat. I don't really like DC very much though so I'd prolly just play classic though.

Norge
  • edited January 2004
    I'd do either. I can make a little sacrifice for a SM clan by slowing down a bit for some vintage BF. Thanks virtues of evil for the info. I now remember it. Funny how that happens eh?

KingFish
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    I'll join!! I am only good at driving jeeps around as an assault/engineer though.
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited January 2004
    I'd join.

I've been playing RtR and the original lately, but I also enjoy DC..

looking to pick uo SW one day..
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    mayhaps I would join.......
  • edited January 2004
    Id join for sure ive mostly been playing DC lately
    edited January 2004
    I'll host a team SM ventrillo server on my carboard box PC!

Norge
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2004
    I had this problem with a logitech mouse. Go download the logitech driver, that should fix it.

And Id like to join as well. I fly helos mostly, but am also quite deadly in tanks, and on foot.
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited February 2004
    Anyone going to try and set something up?
  • edited February 2004
    I don't have the time or webmaster skills to set up a site. We could adopt a tag here in these forums. Maybe we could post a poll of a short-media tag where everyone could vote and go from there. I'm certainly in if anyone else is interested. I believe I saw where someone could set up a ventrilo or teamspeak server in their cardboard computer. Let's do it.

KingFish