IC Minecraft Server Builder Requests (Whitelist)

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
We have just implemented a major change on the IC Minecraft server. As of now anyone can connect to the server to check it out and look around. They will not be able to mine or build.

The former Whitelist is now a Builder List. Everyone on the Whitelist previously should not see any change on the server, you should still be able to mine and build. Please report any issued to me via PM.

For now all Build List requests will go through me. I am not hard to get a hold of. Sending me a PM on the forum here will pop up on any computer I am on and also forward to my phone. All new builders will need to do the following before requesting building permission:
  • Create account on Icrontic forum
  • Have PM enabled so that we may use this for communication (On by defualt so just don't disable it)
  • Highly recommended that you have "Email notification of new PMs" on
PMs requesting build permission should explain how you found our community and include the new builders Minecraft ID and indicate agreement to our set of rules. I will then get them build perms asap. I will consider new builders on a case-by-case basis.

If anyone is brought into question for Griefing (I define griefing, no debate) their Build perms will be removed immediately pending investigation.

I am striving to keep the IC Minecraft Community a Drama Llama free zone. Any attempt at drama will result in (but is not limited to) removal from the build list. With this in mind feel free to post in this thread with discussion on this, if you think there is any chance of drama with your question/comment, PM it to me instead. That said I reserve the right to edit/remove any replies to this thread to keep it on topic.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I like everything I've read here.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited June 2011
    I think its a great idea. Allows people to continue, and allows new people in. Also, I have to ask, but do the new rules mean that people banned from the whitelist are banned from the server, or simply have their building rights suspended?
    (sorry in advance if I missed that part while reading....I speed read)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    A great question but there has not been anyone banned from our server / whitelist so that is not an issue.

-Digi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    How does this work with minecarts and chests? I'm guessing only builders can place or remove minecarts and access chests, correct?
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited June 2011
    If that is the case, can it be okay for non-builders to be able to place and remove minecarts? If they want to tour the server (which I think is the reason for having the build/non builder rule in addition to random griefers) the minecart system is probably a good place to start.
    By co-incidence (well, actually its because stache build things the most complicated yet usefull way) Grand Central uses a physical system to store and retrieve minecarts, so as long as a non-builder can use buttons (maybe they can? I dont know) they should be able to store and retrieve minecarts at GC.
    edited June 2011
    Everyone will be able to access any chest, and its contents, not locked with LWC.

General Rule on the server will be:
    Do not take any materials out of chests that are not yours or you do not have expressed permission to take
    Along with that:
    Set permissions using LWC on any chest that you do not want to be public

Everyone can place and ride carts. This will stay this way so that new users can easily explore our world.

So we are still going by the general rules of "Don't be a Jerk and Don't grief."

-Digi
  • KemicaKemica B.C Canada
    edited June 2011
    Just putting in my 2 cents as a new Icrontic member who just visited the server for the first time as a non-whitelist visitor.

Thanks for allowing visitors. It was fantastic to see what all of you have been up to. I've been looking at your picture posts previously, but seeing it, "in person" is totally different.

I wussed out and logged when night hit though, because I didn't want any creepers to chase me and cause any damage I wouldn't be able to repair. XD

Oh also, bonus points for having a giant Nyan cat!
    edited November 2011
    Updated slightly. New members just need to indicate how they found us in a PM requesting build access. No need for vouches to get on the build list.

-Digi
This discussion has been closed.