[Win7 x64] Performing an unattended install of AMD Catalyst

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited July 2011 in Hardware
I'm doing this for a customized Windows 7 DVD, so I thought I'd share. To begin, this guide assumes you are using Catalyst 11.6b. Other driver versions may not have the same packages, and I am unwilling to figure out how the installer handles being told to install a package that isn't available. You have been warned.

When you grab a Catalyst package, it comes wrapped into a self-extracting executable that dumps the real Catalyst install package to the folder you specify. So, run that executable to dump the true installer to disk, then cancel out of the CCC install when it starts.

Into the meat and potatoes!

Now, it's 6:00 AM, so I'm just going to give you a fairly universal command you can paste into a batch file and run. Make sure the batch file goes into the root of the Catalyst installer as in the picture below:

HUqNt.png

1. Here's the code:
    bin64\setup.exe /unattended_install:"..\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF";"..\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W764a";"..\Packages\Apps\Avivo64";"..\Packages\Apps\HydraVision";"..\Packages\Apps\OpenCL64";"..\Packages\Apps\VC10RTx64";"..\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder64";"..\Packages\Apps\CCC2";"..\Packages\Apps\CIM" /force_hide_first_run /autoaccept_all /force_close_when_done /ON_REBOOT_MESSAGE:NO

2. And here's what you get with this code:
    • YES: The ATI Catalyst display driver
    • YES: The HDMI/DisplayPort audio driver
    • YES: The AMD Universal Video Decoder (UVD/AVIVO HD) runtimes
    • YES: The new Catalyst Control Center UI on any recent Catalyst package
    • YES: AMD HydraVision for advanced window management
    • YES: The OpenCL GPGPU runtimes
    • YES: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable (required for CCC)
    • YES: The hardware-accelerated WMV codecs
    • YES: Catalyst Install Manager (CIM) for add/remove programs
    • NO: Drag'n'Drop Transcoding Engine

People who want drag'n'drop transcoding can add "..\Packages\Apps\DnDTranscoding64" to the end of the package listing in their batch file.

You especially smart cookies can probably figure out how to modify my provided string to remove additional unwanted packages, like the HDMI/DP audio driver or HydraVision.

Happy batching.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I like that you're smart. It makes my life easier.