[BLOG] a windows apple keyboard replacement?

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
So, I love the Apple wired keyboard. I like the feel of it when typing. The fact that the keys are near silent, and the ultra-thin design. But, using it in Windows requires the install of Bootcamp and then using the newest Apple keyboard drivers to get all the functionality options (volume control, media player controls, cd eject). Also, the white keys get dirty quickly. So I retired the Apple keyboard back to my 17" iMac running OSX.

I really hate any keyboard that "clacks" when you type on it. If it is loud when typing, it bothers me. So began the hunt for a replacement, and I am quite happy to have finally found a keyboard that does this, and does it even better.

Enter the Logitech Illuminated keyboard website. This keyboard is ultra-thin (9.3mm), includeds PerfectStrokeâ„¢ key system which makes typing on the Illuminated keyboard very quiet. Backlit keys with brightness settings of 100%/50%/25% and off. And the most important part, multimedia controls.

You have:
-Launches browser
-Launches email client
-Launches search engine
-Launches VoIP client
-Quick switch between open windows
-Display on-screen gadgets
-Display on-screen calculator
-Eject CD
-Launches default media player
-Previous track
-Next track
-Mute
-Lower Volume
-Increase Volume

Each of these functions is labeled on the F1-F12 buttons and above the numeric keypad. You have the option in Logitech Setpoint software to have the F1-F12 be the primary buttons, or the multimedia controls be primary.

The Logitech Illuminated keyboard includes a palm rest, which without this, the keyboard would only be slightly bigger than the Apple wired keyboard. Overall, I am loving this keyboard. I have no need for macro mapping, or gaming addons. This Logitech Illuminated keyboard fit my need as a Windows Apple wire keyboard replacement perfectly.

Comments