[BLOG] DIY hardware store CNC Router, Part7: Motor mounts and lead screws

KometeKomete Member
edited November -1 in Community
Slow and steady wins the race, at least I have the slow part down. Life has been throwing tar pits in front of me left and right, slowing me down, but last night nothing could stick to me. From 12am till 5am, I hunkered down and put metal to the drill press. The end result was progress.

I was able to get the motors for my X and Y axis mounted along with my lead screw. It’s really starting to take on the shape of a machine now. I’m excited and looking forward to continuing my journey on the path to creative bliss.

I’m just now, allowing myself the freedom to start planning for the next project. I have a feeling next Friday night will be another night of work in the wee hours. There is a project I have in the wings waiting, something cold, cool, glossy and fast. I’m toying with the name BLACK ICE. I’ll be introducing it in the mod forum and hope to reach out to the Icrontic following for advice and suggestions. For now, it’s too early to even discuss. The only reason I bring it up is drum up excitement within me to push me onwards.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. As always, I’m open to suggestions.