[BLOG] just another get fit blog...my style.

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
It all started when I called my friend Brian a fatass...

He is, well, was. I wasn't joking. But the next day for some reason I felt bad about calling him that. Why, I do not know.

I have a little thirft store on my mail route. And as I was walking towards their counter to deliver the mail, I tripped over a scale they had for sale sitting on the floor. Nothing major, small little stumble. But I looked at the scale, and decided to see how much I weighed. I hadn't stepped on a scale since my military days. Back then I was 180-185lbs all the time. A lean mean killing machine. I looked down at the scale I was standing on and my heart sank.

241lbs.

From the time I got out of the Army in 1999, I had become a fatass.

Instantly I joked with the customer that the scale must be off, and carried on with my day. But the number 241 stuck in my head the rest of the day. Had I really gotten that fat?

Couple days later I decided to weigh myself again. Full of pride and cockiness, knowing that the scale previously must have been wrong, I stepped onto the new scale.

241lbs. FML.

I couldn't use denial anymore. I had become what I hate. A fat slob.

Later on that night I was at the store, in the isle with the golf equipment. Somehow, some way my eyes fixated on a product called "The Perfect Pushup". Instantly I was reminded of how I used to knock out pushups in my Army days, and for some reason decided to spend the $20 and buy it. When I got home that night, I opened the package, put the two devices together, and then just set them on the counter.

What if I can't do pushups well anymore?

I spent the rest of the night playing WoW or TF2 until bed time. But on my way to bed I saw the devices. "Aw hell, lets see how many I can knock out, I'm still a tough guy".

I did 11. And it hurt.

I didn't sleep much that night.

About halfway through my route the next day I decided I had enough. I talk tough, heh, ask anyone at Icrontic and I'm sure they can tell you a few times I told someone I would kick their ass. Now it was time to be tough.

I started doing 100 pushups per day with the perfect pushup. Sometimes 10 pushups ten times a day, sometimes 15, then 5. Taking breaks when needed. The first few days I didn't really have a routine. I just did them.

Then I decided to follow the routine included with the perfect pushup product. It had me doing 10 pushups. Rest. 8. rest. 6. Rest. 4. Rest. Lastly 2. That was 1 set, also 20 pushups. I did this before work, as soon I got home from work, after dinner, and then the last 40 pushups I just do randomly throughout the night.

But that wasn't going to help with the weight. I started walking faster while at work. I stopped stuffing my face 3 times per day and started eating 4 small meals per day. I quit drinking soda and just drink unsweetened tea. If I have a beer at night, it's only one.

From the day I was 241lbs I have lost 22lbs now, with 4lbs in the past week. My goal is an even 200lbs. I am 6'1".

I WILL NOT BE A FATASS. I will be a lean mean killing machine.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Copycat <3
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Rock on, buddy.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    DOITFGT
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Well done, sir. You'll be back into kicking-my-ass shape in no time.

But in the meantime, I'll make sure to press my luck :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I hate you all.... I weight more than both Brian and Fatcat... Well, that has to change. Time to think of my own way to get my ass moving.

Oh, and awesome work <s>Fat</s>LeanerCat.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    Good Luck. A good song/soundtrack goes a long way towards making exercise enjoyable. Hope that helps.