[BLOG] the wagon

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I have lost the motivation.

I had a goal I wanted to reach the end of October. There is no way I can now.

I don't know if it was the death of a very good friend. The death of one of my dogs. Or the depression that has set back in knowing I have fallen off the wagon.

I ate like a pig this past weekend. I drank like a pirate. I smoked.

And tonight, I analyze the past two weeks, and ask myself, "Does it really matter?"

I was high on getting myself healthy and back into shape for four months. I feel I've burnt out. The fire that was burning inside has chilled.

I know friends will give advice, and try to help me back on to the wagon. But, what if I don't want to ride on it anymore? What if it is time to take a different path?

My entire life is full of here one day, gone tomorrow. I have moved to different locations across the U.S. seven times. I get burnt out of a town after a time, and move. Hoping a new town will put my soul to peace. Yet, I've grown old enough to realize, this might never happen.

So, in theory, I could achieve my goal eventually. Hop back on the wagon and carry through. Or I could tip my hat to those on the wagon, and walk the other direction. To where? Does it matter?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You know what matters? Not dying to or having:

Arterial disease
    Heart disease
    Lung cancer
    Diabetes
    A heart attack
    Sleep apnea
    Gout
    Gall bladder infections
    Pickwickian syndrome

...And a dozen other problems caused by high body fat and smoking, to say nothing of drinking like a pirate.

You are driving the wagon, Greg Jones. It goes wherever you want it to, but you owe it to yourself and your children to get the fuck over it and get back on that wagon. You can be fit and drive.

You know that putting your personal health first will give you more time on that other path. There are no brownie points for dramatic independence. You know what is right. We both do.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Greg you call yourself a man right? Man Up. /walks away
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Thrax said it.

I can post about how much we're all behind you, and how our support can help you, and encourage you endlessly about how you can do it and should do it.

But you make the decision. You know what you want, and you drive to obtain that.

So screw oktoberfest goals, or any other timeframes, just know that you want to be fit, that you want to control your life, and that you drive the wagon.

Which sits idle as you contemplate the worth of it.

Do it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I do not fear death as many do.

I have done more in 32 years of life then some ever will.

On that note, I did push myself today, worked up a sweat, and burned some calories.
  • Would it make you feel any better to know that I saw a few of your facebook fitness pictures and thought you were doing a great job for yourself?

I need to get on the wagon myself, years of eating badly and not exercising are catching up. Tell ya what, I'm hitting the gym tonight, no excuse anymore, I'm gonna post a pic of my tubby gut and start the journey myself. I owe it to my wife and kids to at least take basic care of myself. I'll never be superman, but I don't have to be a fat ass either.

You will hop back on Bro, you have worked too hard not to. You just had an extremely bad week and reacted like a human being, nothing to feel bad about there, we have all done it.

I'm posting my weight here tonight. I suggest a new life column, fitness tips from a one time Fatcat, you were doing a great job, lost 30 pounds, no easy task my friend. I'm hopping back on the wagon with ya.

God (and ladies) forgive me for the scary before picture I am about to post.
    I'm back.

Why, I don't know.

Somehow, somewhere, the fire flickered, and started to burn rampant.

Now if I can just control it.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Do you mean rampant?
    sure.