SWTOR: Instances, Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones.

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Gaming
Just wanted to put this info here for newcomers to the game. I'm going to use a WoW reference to break these down since I know a lot of people have played that game.

(For the sake of argument, we're going to assume you are at the appropriate level)

Instances: (Similar to WoW regular 5-mans) Hundreds of these. There will be multiple ones on each planet. Some Instances are class-specific.
-[Heroic 2] These can can be solo'd with your companion OR 2-man
-[Heroic 2+] 2-man + companions OR up to 4-man
-[Heroic 4] 3-man + companion OR 4-man

Flashpoints: (Similar to WoW heroic 5-mans) Around a dozen or so. You can start these on planets or on Imperial Fleet
-4-man, maybe possible with 3-man + geared companion

Operations: (Similar to WoW raids) Haven't done one yet.
-8-man OR 16-man

Hard Mode: From what I understand, all Flashpoints can be done at level 50 in a hard mode.

Social Rank: While doing any these, there will be conversation points within them that will allow +2/4/6/8 social points to be added to your character based on how everyone in the group responds. Higher social points leads to epic gear.

Warzones: Objective-based Player-vs-Player combat. You can queue for a warzone from level 10+. PVP gains Valor, Rank, and PvP Currency. Warzones I believe go up to 50vs50. There are 3 warzones currently

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Well put. I approve this message.