Magic Jack- Hard to hear

saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
edited May 2012 in Hardware
I switched to Magic Jack Plus (VOIP) and half the time it is hard to hear the other person on the phone. This unit is connected directly to my D-Link 601 router. I have tried changing the cords to no avail. I found one site that recommended reserving an IP address specifically for the Magic Jack product. I also found a site called portforward,com that claims it's software program can do this for me. Is there a downside to reserving an IP address specifically for the Magic Jack product? Is anyone familiar with portforwarding.com . Any other suggestions on fixing the sound problem would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Forwarding a port will not improve the volume or clarity of a call with Magic Jack. You should really contact the company directly for advice.
  • Thanks. The company is worthless
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I had Vonage for a couple of years, and the quality was absolute shit. They begged me to stay on board and refer them to friends, but I just couldn't do it. I went through the same thing you are. They'd tell me to give it a static IP, they'd blame my 20mb/s ISP, they'd blame my equipment, but in the end, the calls just sounded like shit and I dropped them and went to all mobile phones.