If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Corsair H100 high idle temps

MJOMJO Denmark
edited Jul 2012 in PC Building
Hi

Yesterday I installed my new H100. There was a slight delay since the first unit was DOA. I had to return it.
But now I have installed it and I am not all that impressed?
Here are the temps I am recording with coretemp.

Idle

Load

The load temp was achieved by running IntelBurnTest with the standard stress level 10 times.
It completed without error but the temperature is high.
It isn't much better than my old HSF the Coolermaster V8. It's quieter though. :)

And here is a screenshot from CPU-Z in case any further info regarding the CPU is needed.

Did I have too high expectations many reviews have praised the H100?
The CM V8 I replaced is nothing more than a mediocre HSF in a big package. ;)

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    Those are excellent temperatures. Just make sure the fans sit between the radiator and the case, and are configured to draw cool air in from the outside. Don't use them as exhaust fans pushing suit fin the car through the radiator.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Cleveland, OH Icrontian
    Yes, this is wrong. Same problem I had with my H60. Set CPU fan to 100% in BIOS and do not let it autoadjust, because that's what controls the pump speed, and probably what's screwing things up.
    Temps are way high there - my H60 has no trouble keeping an i7 960 (135W TDP) at <65C. i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz with the bigger H100 should definitely be lower.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    He's running at 4.5GHz at 1.4V, not 3.4GHz at .9V. His temperatures are correct.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Those are the same temps I get at the same overclocked speeds with a Noctua NH-D14. Your temps are perfectly fine.