Hollywood Movie Stills delivers the close-up

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Lifestyle

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    It's learning stuff like this that makes school so enjoyable sometimes, lol!
    The golden age of hollywood is considered to begin at the end of the silent film era with the first spoken word feature, The Jazz Singer in 1927. From here to around the late 50s/60s (debateable between the 40s-60s really). The actors, actresses, movies, technical foundations for advancement were really at their height during these times. There were also boundaries broken left and right during this period. During the hard times Hollywood offered an escape of entertainment for those struggling (for cheap mind you) and the stories were so far removed from the reality of life that it was pleasant for many to sit there for a couple hours and dream/laugh. Hollywood turned out many amazing things during this time which certainly lends justification for "The Golden Age" tag.

Nice write-up on it, I think I may be purchasing this. Audrey Hepburn and Judy Garland...nuff said :)
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    If there are photos that I haven't seen of Grace Kelly in this book, then it's a must have. Nothing would make my day more complete.