Lesser Type of game Like civ 5?

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
So my younger bro in law was watching me play civ 5 today and wants to play a game like that. Civ 5 is WAY to complex for him. He is 15 But he is dumb as a brick. The Tech tree would just blow his mind. IS there a game Like civ 5 that's not AS complex?

Comments

• He is 15 But he is dumb as a brick.

Oh god I remember being that way. Now I'm 28 and dumb as a brick.

The only other game I've ever played like Civ 5 was Warcraft ][. It's much simpler, but of course outdated and probably a mess to get working these days. Still, if your younger brother would cherish them, I will mail you my original Warcraft ][ CDs (that expansion pack!).

UPSLynx
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The Civ franchise is designed to be the 4x for the masses. Any Plebeian can play Civ. If your bro-in-law can't handle Civ, he cannot into 4x games. I would recomend he play the bottom of the Civ barrel: Civ Revolutions, which is a dumbed down version of the game designed for consoles and touch-screen devices.

That said, there are aspects of Civ that may appear in other games which do not have all 4 x's. Which aspect of Civ did he like?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I think you might be underestimating your brother in law.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    League of Legends
    primesuspectpigflipper
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Doesn't Civ V have a tutorial?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Ryder said:

Nope not even close. I asked him to hand me the sledgehammer the other week and he threw it at me and almost broke my leg. Other than starcraft 2 ( he has over 350 hrs on it and the AI on hard can still beat him) he isn't good at much else! There is a running bet between me my wife my other brother in law and sister in law on when he moves out. Right now the average age is 55. He Failed Gym & history. His Father refuses to teach him to drive until he can show some sense of coordination. IF I throw a ball at him he catches it with his face. He isn't good at much if anything. I have tried to teach him computers and it's not going well.I tried to work on my car with him and he couldn't grasp it. I have literally tried for 6 yrs now to find 1 single thing he would be good at or at least be able to have a field of work, Its still a search! Do I need to keep going on????
  • I'll hold on to my CDs =/
    JBoogaloo
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    So let me get this straight? He is a bonehead? You want to help him obtain valuable life skills that will eventually lead to him moving out and become a productive member of society? You encourage him to play more PC games in his spare time? Seems like the perfect solution.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Age of Empires?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Ryder said:

Nope not even close. I asked him to hand me the sledgehammer the other week and he threw it at me and almost broke my leg. Other than starcraft 2 ( he has over 350 hrs on it and the AI on hard can still beat him) he isn't good at much else! There is a running bet between me my wife my other brother in law and sister in law on when he moves out. Right now the average age is 55. He Failed Gym & history. His Father refuses to teach him to drive until he can show some sense of coordination. IF I throw a ball at him he catches it with his face. He isn't good at much if anything. I have tried to teach him computers and it's not going well.I tried to work on my car with him and he couldn't grasp it. I have literally tried for 6 yrs now to find 1 single thing he would be good at or at least be able to have a field of work, Its still a search! Do I need to keep going on????
    I hope he never sees this!
    LOL i havent introduced him to IC for my own good
  • Sounds like this is the perfect game for him.
    JBoogalooprimesuspect
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian

I hope he never sees this!

Sounds like a threat!

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2013

So let me get this straight? He is a bonehead? You want to help him obtain valuable life skills that will eventually lead to him moving out and become a productive member of society? You encourage him to play more PC games in his spare time? Seems like the perfect solution.

While the broad brush of "vidjagames are useless and corrupting minds!" would apply to some games, Civ5 would certainly not be one of them.

• @NiGHTS - You are blowing my troll cover.....
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I am simply giving him another game since he spends every moment of his life playing SC2 anyways