Protip, but just the tip.

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
The next time you go for repairs, check something. The NPC you are repairing with, will generally have an affiliation. You can see in the attached screenshot that our favorite repair guy in the Dwarven district is affiliated with Gnomeregan.
When you repair with an NPC that is affiliated with a faction that you are EXALTED with, it costs less.
I am not exalted with Gnomeregan, thus he wants to charge me more than the NPC over by the forge and anvil (Kaita Deepforge).
I also compared the cost with the blacksmithing trainer in Shrine of the seven stars, he was even higher than our Gnomeregan friend.

So basically, you get the same 5, 10, 15, and 20% discounts on repairs (friendly, honored, revered, exalted) that you do when buying flying, etc.

Just thought I would share for those that didn't know this. It should save a substantial amount of gold over the course of raiding, on repairs.

We should check and compare what it costs to repair with Jeeves as well, just a thought.

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Are you telling me that everyone isn't already exalted with all the basic factions? Also Jeeves doesn't use a faction, you will pay full cost if I remember correctly.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Thanks for the tip. I thought the whole point of the guild gold pool was for raid repairs and such, though. Otherwise, between that and the Timeless Island, I am going to be in the red for a while...
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    We could probably open guild bank funds for repairs. The way money is coming in now we can afford it. And as long as people keep running dungeons, scenarios, etc you are basically paying for the repairs with the money that is generated that way.
    midga
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I am quite sure that we will turn on guild repairs, but I would say maybe for the guild raids, not LFR, etc? You will still have to repair if you die on the isle or die to falling off a cliff. This wasn't really aimed at saving you money after wiping 4 times in a guild raid.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Well, yeah. I assumed it would only be turned on for guild stuff. I just know that last night's ~300g worth of repairs during the raid put a pretty heavy dent in my purse.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I would suggest finding the average 50% repair bill, and setting that to the max of the day. At least in my guild I have a few jerks that like to commit suicide and murder everyone whenever they can and at high levels it will eat through you bank FAST.
    midga
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    My bad... forgot to turn on guild repairs last night. Guild progression runs should have repairs turned on.

But all those bags of gold you get from bosses should help! (j/k)
    midga