Happy Sunday Icrontic!

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian

Whatever you may be celebrating today, hope it's a great day!

-Digi

RyanFodderKoreishTiberiusLazarusBasilCreeperbane2RahnalH102PirateNinjacolaIlriyas

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I know what I'll be celebrating.

primesuspectBasilRahnalH102GnomeQueen
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Happy 4/20 or Zombie Jesus Day, which ever floats your boat.

No celebrating of either for me though, working a double today because my bosses wouldn't give me time off to be with family.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Friday was Eastover for us. My folks came in from Florida. Fun was had by all, especially by our bellies.

PirateNinja
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2014

Stone Brewing made me LOL this morning:

The caption reads "Happy…uh…Easter. Yeah, that’s it…EASTER! Enjoy ‘em if ya’ got ‘em! #craftbeer #EnjoyBy"

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Kwitko
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

I celebrated kielbasa and sauerkraut day. Also, Avalon Bakery sugar-laden baked goods day.

Horray for having food loving Polish in-laws!

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited April 2014

Yesterday I was doing around the house stuff, and at one point I had pulled the car our of the garage. I was cleaning the garage and then decided to clean my cabin air filter in the car. While I was doing it a kid who lives next door, maybe 11 years old, says "Hey I wanna show you something!"
    I say, "OK." To his back yard we go, and on the way he says, "It's sad. ... What I want to show you." I say, "OK." I think to myself, he has a dead animal in his back yard. I've had this before. Dead bunnies, whatever. It happens. I'll get in to the open space behind our homes.

We get there, and he points to a basement well or whatever they are called .. window wells? I look inside. There is some trash, and beneath an extremely heavy duty steel grating, two baby bunnies. They are both trapped. I immediately ask how long, he says as far as he knows since yesterday. I ask if he fed them or gave them water, he said he gave them a carrot yesterday.

Two hours later with rope and effort, I was able to lift the steel grating and the kid's mother oddly let the bunnies loose in her basement through the window. I ask her if she knew about them before. She says yes, and she proceeds to tell me that she invited another man over -- a neighbor up the street -- to try and save them the day before. He calculated the steel grate could not be lifted, and get this, decided the most humane thing to do would be to kill the bunnies. He went in to the window well and jumped on the grate trying to smash them. He doesn't succeed and after a while gives up, severely injuring one and terrifying the other. He went home after that. WHAT A DICK HOLE.

Anyway, she asks me what to do now that the bunnies are in her basement. I'm not being sexist here, but she doesn't have a husband or partner to help her out, and I think she needs one. Not all people do, she does. That said, I'm ready to go home and get back to work, but I kindly tell her to go to the local farm supply store and buy a trap that won't kill or injure the bunnies. I offer to pay for it, she says no. I seriously doubt she will do it, and go home to wash my hands. Today the kid knocks on the door to tell me they have them. I go outside and sure enough they are in a trap. Huddled together and shivering, I can't help but wonder if these poor little baby bunnies are going to make it. Each the size of my fist, and one hurt. We let them free, and one immediately runs in to near by brush. The other, injured, just sits on the grass. I poke around it's head and neck and see a laceration about a half inch long (big for a bunny) on the back of it's neck. Luckily it has scabbed, but that does not bode well. I ask the small group of kids to back off so it won't be scared, and I poke it in the butt with a stick. It runs in to the brush, hopefully to its friend.

When I got home I gave my kitty a hug and asked her to never get trapped under steel grates.

I wouldn't share something like this normally, but what are the chances of being capable and available to save baby bunnies on Easter? I'm grateful for the opportunity and I find the world a mysterious place.

Melissa and I had a great Easter. We hid eggs from each other, baked cookies, and I'm going to go read fairy tales to Ella before we go to bed. I hope everyone had a good one. <3

IlriyasCanticolaChooch
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

wow