Hoodiesgirl87
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Cool beans.

Hoodiesgirl87
  • What did you get?

Hoodiesgirl87
  • Hoodiesgirl87Hoodiesgirl87 Ms. Cincinnati, OH. Member
    edited April 2014

I got an HP EMVY phoenix. windows 8, intel core i7 (z87), level 3 cache 8mb, 16gig ddr3-1600 sdram, 1tb 7200rpm hard drive, nvidea GeForce gtx 645 graphics card x2, supermulti dvd burner, 15 in 1 media card reader, 10/100/1000 network, 802,11a/b/g/n wireless, bluetooth 4.0, beats audio sound, 2 external expansion bays, 3 internal bays, 600 watt power supply, gigabite lan, bunch of flash media crap, visualization technology, hyperthreading, blah blah all that jazz, and then I got 3 years of nod32 antivirus, and a 2 year extended warrenty.

I really like it so far. its fast, the sound is clear, and the graphics are nice. so far ive only tested wow and youtube on it. but whenever I get more money and time im going to get some more games lol. also, it has red lights in it. I want to replace with green since that Is my fav color. ok ive written a novel. im gonna shut my face now. :sawed::buck:

Cliff_Forster

@Cliff_Forster said:
    What did you get?

I wrote a novel for you above :D don't kill me :P

Cliff_Forster
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

That's a news article compared to some on here. coughItypetoomuchcough

Cliff_Forster

@RahnalH102 said:
    That's a news article compared to some on here. coughItypetoomuchcough

and I thought I typed a 3 book series.. also I thought I was the only one who did the coughcough thing when I write "hidden" messages ;)
    ;)

RahnalH102
  • That is great. Like we all said, don't be intimidated to open it up and look under the hood so to speak. You seem to have a budding interest and that's the way most of us got started tinkering with computers. You just take your pre built OEM box, open it up, get to know the hardware a bit, figure out potential future upgrade paths and such. It's fun. I'm not sure what swapping out the LED's is like on that, might just be a simple something connected to a standard four pin power? If you open it up and snap some pics leading to the lights we should know if there is a good simple way to swap them out.

SignalRahnalH102Hoodiesgirl87
    edited May 2014

@Cliff_Forster said:
    That is great. Like we all said, don't be intimidated to open it up and look under the hood so to speak. You seem to have a budding interest and that's the way most of us got started tinkering with computers. You just take your pre built OEM box, open it up, get to know the hardware a bit, figure out potential future upgrade paths and such. It's fun. I'm not sure what swapping out the LED's is like on that, might just be a simple something connected to a standard four pin power? If you open it up and snap some pics leading to the lights we should know if there is a good simple way to swap them out.

Thanks @Cliff_Forster‌ Whenever I decide to open the hood n check those out, trust me I will definitely be contacting you all! I'm really glad that @CB introduced me to you all!
    :D

midga