Anybody here on Republic Wireless? Your experience?

adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
edited November 2014 in Internet & Media

I am looking into the Republic Wireless 3g plan with a Motorola Moto X smartphone. What I have read sounds promising both in terms of the company and the phone. Can anyone here relate their own experiences with either? Thx! (Looking to possibly give this combo as a Christmas gift.) Entertaining other recommendations as well.

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

The problem with Republic Wireless is that they are a Sprint MVNO, so your non-wifi coverage is very dependent on where you live.

Sprint voice coverage is generally pretty good everywhere, but their data is overall pretty weak. With equivalent bars of LTE signal, I can pull ~40Mbit on my Verizon phone, and the Sprint phone struggles to hit 20, settling in at around 10-15 with a few peaks.

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

Thanks for the info! If I purchased a Republic Wireless plan for someone in the Champaign-Urbana, IL (University of Illinois) area, any idea how good or not data transfer would be?