Battlefield 2 Demo Review & Tweak Guide

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited June 2005 in Science & Tech
A couple of articles relating to the recent release of the Battlefield 2 Demo have hit the web today. The first is from Firingsquad which reviews the demo. The second is a tweak guide, from yes you've guessed it, Tweakguides.com.

View: Battlefield 2 Demo Review @ Firingsquad
View: Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide @ Tweakguides
The Battlefield 2 demo was released in almost the opposite way from the Battlefield 1942 demo. BF1942 was a relatively unknown game with only the hype of the singleplayer demo to promote it, when the multiplayer version was released during QuakeCon and took the event - and attending media - by storm. The hype built from the ground-up, EA was pitching sources everywhere, and we didn't have to slog through 5 splash screens before playing the game - just 2.
I've prepared this short guide as a quick way of putting together all the known tips and tweaks for getting the BF2 Demo up and running with a minimum of fuss. I will then update the guide in the next few days as I discover more tweaks, culminating in a complete Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide shortly after the full version of the game is released at the end of June.
Source: Short-Media

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited June 2005
    Heh, diggin the tweak guide. Anyone had any luck getting a custom resolution of 1600x1050? Its my LCDs native res.

Also anyone able to get a larger map in singleplayer mode?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Enter the properties part of the game's shortcut. In "target", add "+szx 1600 +szy 1200" (w/o the quotes). Should look like "x\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 (quotes included and "x" depends on where it's installed). Hope that's clear enough. :scratch:
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited June 2005
    Anybody figure out the crash to desktop bug? Seems to be happening on both XP and 2000, NVIDIA and ATI cards, etc.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited June 2005
    Mine kept crashing to the desktop, because I was using refreshforce.