Ghetto Cooling your Laptop

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Science & Tech
Sometimes you just gotta do whatever it takes to get the job done. And when all you have to work with is an old case fan, a food container lid, and some dryer duct.... these are the things that happen. Short-Media.com presents a crude-yet-effective mod for quieting and cooling your laptop.

Read it here: Cooling your laptop

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Congrats, Leonardo, on your first published short-media guide! :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Nice article. :)

You've put the lap back in laptop, or at least it's now safe to put the laptop back in your lap. :p
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    You know, on my business trip last week to Seattle, there I was in the airliner, thinking to myself, "Now I can run this bad boy without burns to the delicates". Then it dawned on me - no 120 volts A.C. currency anywhere near my coach class seat...

Just kidding. I suppose the next project is to modify the hard drive bay. It gets so hot that the plastic door to the drive compartment gets hot to the touch. Sometimes I have to remove the door so the hard drive doesn't seize under intense usage. Hmm, wonder if the sysadmins would mind if I riddled with ventilation holes?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Very nice :D
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited August 2005
    thats awsome! you have inspired some cooling ideas in me!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Jengo wrote:
    thats awsome! you have inspired some cooling ideas in me!
    Write about them when they're done! ;)