Datel Releases 4GB PSP Hard Drive

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited October 2005 in Science & Tech
Lik-Sang is running a review of Datels new 4GB hard drive for the Sony PSP.

Available for $199.00 (USD) the 4GB Hard Drive for PSP consists of four parts: the Hard Drive, a X2 Battery Pack, Max Media Manager Software for Windows, and a High-Speed USB 2.0 cable to connect your PSP to your Computer.
psp1.jpg
The 4GB Hard Drive is connected with the PSP by means of what Datel calls a flexible Memory Stick™ adapter that is plugged into the Memory Stick™ slot on the PSP. Once connected, the body of the HD attaches to the back of the PSP using two location posts which slot into corresponding holes on the back of the PSP. When used in conjunction with the X2 double capacity battery the 4GB HD forms an ergonomic extension to the PSP which follows the neat lines of the handheld.
psp2.jpg

Source: Lik-Sang

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2005
    4GB for video and music would be sweet, but man the thing sure does uglify the PSP.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited October 2005
    im sure gald the GP2X uses SD Cards, its a lot easier to hold movies and less battery draining then the stupid harddrive.
  • edited October 2005
    i saw some crazy logitech case for the psp today, this just glorifys it.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Jengo wrote:
    im sure gald the GP2X uses SD Cards, its a lot easier to hold movies and less battery draining then the stupid harddrive.
    Lik-Sang provides a battery upgrade that allows the PSP to run longer with the hard drive than it would with the normal battery and memory sticks.
    Lik-Sang wrote:
    • Playing movie with Standard Battery and SanDisk 1G Memory Stick: 4.45 Hours.
    • Playing movie with Datel X2 Battery and Datel 4GB Hard Drive: 5.45 Hours.
    I'm a fan of the GP2X, and I'm considering buying one (the only handheld that's even tempted me), but it does suck that large SD cards are expensive, so it's impractical to take much music around with you. You can buy a 4gb Microdrive for the price of a 2gb SD card.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited October 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Lik-Sang provides a battery upgrade that allows the PSP to run longer with the hard drive than it would with the normal battery and memory sticks.

I'm a fan of the GP2X, and I'm considering buying one (the only handheld that's even tempted me), but it does suck that large SD cards are expensive, so it's impractical to take much music around with you. You can buy a 4gb Microdrive for the price of a 2gb SD card.

Im a big fan of the GP2X as well, im gonna get it and a 4gb SD card!! i dont care the cost!!

;)

go GP2X!!