Xbox 360 Pre-orders Hit Ebay

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited October 2005 in Science & Tech
The Inquirer reports that pre-orders for the Xbox 360 are now up for auction at Ebay. Some are reaching prices as high as $1,500.

It was only a matter of time before the obligatory new console price gouging began. And, with Microsoft itself predicting product shortages, it's no surprise that pre-ordered 360s could fetch such remarkable prices.
Microsoft's global release date idea means that there will be a shortage of 360s which will keep the console high in demand until at least after Yule.
Source: The Inquirer

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I hate eBay, I hate con artists and I hate people that exploit the greedy and/or stupid. Infact, I kinda just hate everyone in general.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I dont get this, a friend of mine pre-ordered Xbox 360 several months ago for the normal retail price
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited October 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    I hate eBay, I hate con artists and I hate people that exploit the greedy and/or stupid. Infact, I kinda just hate everyone in general.
    capitalism at its best. Bottom line is you can only exploit people who let themselves be exploited
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    I hate eBay, I hate con artists and I hate people that exploit the greedy and/or stupid.
    But it's so profitable! Besides, there's a hell of a lot of stupid people out there just begging to be exploited. How else do you think all those "click me" e-mail viruses get spread? ;)

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited October 2005
    Funny how these guys are jacking the prices up.

A friend of mine tried to sell me one for $250.

Wholesalers ftw.

If anyone wants one at that kind of a price let me know.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    okay I reaally dont understand this - LINK

can anyone explain that to me?? :scratch:
    edited October 2005
    lmao if you look at his other items and all the Bid Histories, its completely obvious he's bidding on all of his own items. :shakehead
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    The Best Buy in Southfield, MI will have a stock of XBoX 360s available for sale 2 weeks before any other store in the country.
    edited October 2005
    how did they manage to do that- pay a whole bunch of extra money? what will the starting retail price be?
    edited October 2005
    I'm not management, I have no idea, and no pricing information.
    edited October 2005
    :rolleyes:
    edited October 2005
    Stop being so worthlessly smug. I'm sure someone in Michigan will be happy to get an XBoX 360 two weeks early, while you sit there and toss out the eye-roll emote simply because I don't have management knowledge to endow upon your oh-so-worthy self.