New Releases for The Week of Blue Slime and Frozen Angels

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited July 2010 in Gaming

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    DQ9 is awesome highly recommend it to fans of RPGs J or otherwise.

However CB it is not the first to build your own party. 3 allowed to you hire party members and 7 allowed you to choose any class for any member. 9 has taken both aspects and made them one.
  • Lone_Wolf_28Lone_Wolf_28 Spain
    edited July 2010
    There have been some major changes in Disciples III which you seem to have overlooked. First and most important is the battle system: in the previous games you had to arrange your troops in a 3x2 grid and could not move them around in combat, so in order to reach your second line troops the enemy had to kill the ones in the first line or use ranged attacks (and same goes for enemy troops). In Disciples III the combat system is more like HoM&M, where you can move your troops in the battlefield and there are things like flanking bonuses and such (unthinkable in Dispiples II).
    Also the graphics have had a major overhaul and now everything is in 3D (Compared to pre-rendered and static image backgrounds present on the previos games).
    I'd like to try the 3rd title of the saga before passing judgment, but previous ones are worth checking out.

BTW Disciples is more of a Turn-based strategy game in my opinion...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, Lone Wolf. I was hoping that someone who had played the games before would chime in. I've never played the franchise myself, and so was going off of their press releases and website (which are badly translated from Russian, BTW) for my information.

Good to know that they've done a little bit more with it than it looks like they did from their own promotional material.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I haven't played a Dragon Quest game since it was called Dragon Warrior on the NES, but I may pick up this new one.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    DQ8 is probably my favorite game of all time. If you can somehow get your hands on it, I HIGHLY recommend playing it. It's a brilliant piece of work.

I have DQ9 here on my desk, review forthcoming.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    DQ8 is probably my favorite game of all time. If you can somehow get your hands on it, I HIGHLY recommend playing it. It's a brilliant piece of work.

I have DQ9 here on my desk, review forthcoming.

Can't wait to read it. I've been fairly impressed so far with it. Sure the graphics took a hit from the very beautifully created DQ8 but everything elses seems to have been much improved upon.