Steam summer sale is absurd and shut up and take our money, Valve

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Hate
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Just remember kids, only dolts (me) buy games with a ton of DLC before the GoTY edition is released, which includes the DLC, for the same price as the non-GoTY version. Don't be that dolt (me).

//EDIT: SLick with that Google +1 at the end.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Everyone gets a free chance at being one of the 100 to win their top 10 from their wishlist. Joining the Steam Summer Camp Official Group gets you a ticket without having to own anything or play a game.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    We've added the +1 to all of our articles :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I wonder how much $ Valve makes off a $2.50 game. I guess if 10,000 people buy it...but
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Hate

Love
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Stupid Steam and their stupid Borderlands on sale a week after I buy it... Stupid cheap games that make me want to buy them even if I already own them for the conviences of Steam...
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Yay I can afford Borderlands now! And what is this Lead and Gold? Team Fortdead Redemption 2?
    edited July 2011
    Gamersgate also has Civ V on sale for $17 today. It activates on Steam. If you do not have this version it is well worth $17.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Gamersgate also has Civ V on sale for $17 today. It activates on Steam. If you do not have this version it is well worth $17.

Meh.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I would lose my credit card during the sale... :(
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    So, my bet is that on July 4th everything in the Mann Company store is half off, and there will be some odd ball exclusive hat for making a purchase, probably a rocket, or an Uncle Sam hat or something.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    So, my bet is that on July 4th everything in the Mann Company store is half off, and there will be some odd ball exclusive hat for making a purchase, probably a rocket, or an Uncle Sam hat or something.
    I am not against this. Got my Glasses yesterday (TF2 Item ticket redemption), prob continue to play the games for more tickets. As my game library grows, it gets easier and easier to make it through these sales without breaking the bank or playing the games 24/7.

Does anyone know if the achievements from previous days are still valid? (For example if anyone joins the Steam group today will they still get a ticket?)

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:

Does anyone know if the achievements from previous days are still valid?

-Digi

They are.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    All tickets, prizes, and achievements for prizes carry through the entire Sale.
    edited July 2011
    Damnit!! Fallout: New Vegas and all DLC for $20. Stupid Steam sales...
    edited July 2011
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Damnit!! Fallout: New Vegas and all DLC for $20. Stupid Steam sales...

You know it'll be, like, $10 at xmas.