Futuremark's Hungribles released, named iPhone Game of the Week in 111 Countries

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    First thing Futuremark has made for anything Apple, right?

I keep thinking studios will stop releasing things for iOS exclusively since Android now has the dominant marketshare, but I guess we're not quite there yet in the mindshare department.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I got to hang out with Oliver Baltuch at E3 2011 (He's the CEO of Futuremark) and he said that if the iOS version sells well enough, there will be an Android version.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    First thing Futuremark has made for anything Apple, right?

I keep thinking studios will stop releasing things for iOS exclusively since Android now has the dominant marketshare, but I guess we're not quite there yet in the mindshare department.
    Yep, first Apple title for them.

Android may have the dominant phone marketshare, but they still have the Tablet market locked up. Both platforms combined mean Apple is still the biggest thing out there. IIRC, a study was done a while back that showed more iOS users were likely to buy an app than Android users. It's played out exactly that way for me. I have $0 invested in Android software on my Droid. I don't want to think about what that number is on my iPad.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Its like Cut the Rope 2.0. Cool concept, hope they do well with it.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    ...and it's on sale for half price for 24 hours!